Monday, April 11, 2011

March 2011 Quote Book

The kids came to visit me in the hospital. The next day on the phone Clayton said:
"At first I didn't recognize you in the hospital. But then I saw your face and I remembered everything about you and I knew you were my mom."
yes, even in a hospital gown, stuck in a hospital bed, having not had a decent shower in 6 days. . . I'm glad to know my kids still recognize me.


After pulling a stack of books down and accidentally blocking herself into a corner, Eliza complained (in her high-pitched baby voice):

"Oh, man!"
where does she hear these things???


"I think people live on earth because it's the most popular planet in our solar system."
-Isaac
that, and the fact that it's the only habitable one.


During the Primary teacher training meeting a conversation spontaneously began about Isaac. It turns out that almost every teacher in the room had their own "Isaac story". (for better or for worse) After listening for awhile, the Nursery leader (who is never in Primary and obviously hadn't put two and two together) piped in:
"Well my goodness! Who IS this Isaac? And does his mother know what he's been up to in Primary?"
oh. yes. his mother knows. believe me. HIS. MOTHER. KNOWS.


The boys were watching cartoons in the waiting area at the dentist. Here's Clayton's commentary:
"There's something totally impossible about Diego. Every time he opens his book, he opens to the exact page! That could not happen. Not every time."
or riding across the ocean on a humpback whale and never getting wet. but hey, whatever.
"Yo Gabba Gabba doesn't make any sense. It just goes from one crazy thing to another. And nothing has anything to do with what happened before. It drives my brain bonkers."
hmmm. none of the other zoned-out kids seem to mind.


Brigham was upstairs playing spaceships with Isaac. He had Eliza's blanket and I asked him to toss it down for me.

"Um, sorry. I can't help you. I'm dealing with something really important right now."
grrr. I hate when my own words come back to bite me.


"Ball!"
(pointing and poking at my stomach)
oh if only she knew what's really in there. . .

.

No comments: