Friday, May 13, 2011

All The Pretty Babies

A couple months ago Eliza was completely obsessed with balls. Everything was either a bah-ball (football), a bay-ball (baseball), or a ba-ball (basket ball). Anything that even resembled a ball - she wanted. "I want? I want? Mine!" She could spot "balls" everywhere - on fancy jewelry, clothing, billboards, light bulbs, everything. And her most frequent words were "catch" and "kick" - which she could pronounce flawlessly. She'd drop her girl toys in a second to play ball with Brigham or raid the sports bucket in the garage and was by far the most enthusiastic when it came to BYU basketball.
But that was a couple months ago. Now everything is babies. (sorry balls).
Babies. Babies. Now Eliza is never seen (awake or asleep) without a "baby' in her care. And it always brings a smile to my face as I watch her imitate my every move. Well almost. The other day her doll was at the piano plunking out a melody and Eliza promptly scolded, "uh, uh, uh. No, no." whenever a wrong note was played.But I love watching her tote her baby in her (Easter basket) baby carrier, saying "bye-bye" and blowing kisses as she heads out the door with my car keys.
And pushing her "mouch" (mouse) around in the stroller. Look how she mothers and fusses over him!
And feeding each baby one by one.
And of course all the clean-up. Closing doors (Eliza's favorite thing in the whole world - she thanks herself "gank you" every time she shuts anything.) and sweeping.Everyone always asks how Eliza is coping with the new baby. As far as I can tell she is happier than ever to be the second mom around here - feeding, changing, kissing, cuddling, cleaning, reading to, and tucking each and every "baby" into bed. I know the terrible two's are coming and the even more terrible three's. But for right now, Nate and I cannot imagine a cuter or more perfect little girl. . .
or two.
My camera accidentally took this next picture. I love the feet. Out of all the babies around here Eliza still thinks Lydia is by far the best.
And about the ball obsession? Don't worry. With three older brothers, the balls have not been forgotten. . .

.

2 comments:

Christina said...

She is so cute! I love the door shutting. I need some of that here. And some sweeping.

Allison said...

So cute! I was looking at these pictures with the kids and Caitlin immediately had to go and collect all her babies too.