Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Flowers

"Who can justly measure the righteous influence of a mother’s love? What enduring fruits result from the seeds of truth that a mother carefully plants and lovingly cultivates in the fertile soil of a child’s trusting mind and heart? As a mother you have been given divine instincts to help you sense your child’s special talents and unique capacities. With your husband you can nurture, strengthen, and cause those traits to flower."
Elder Richard G. Scott, April 2011 General Conference

Lydia and I have been watching reruns of General Conference in the middle of the night. I loved this talk. And I am so grateful for my own mother who continues to nurture and strengthen me. I am also grateful for all the other mothers and grandmothers who have influenced my life. . . and for my little girls (future mothers) who are named after them.

Thank you to my sweet family for a wonderful Mother's Day! I am so lucky.




I asked Isaac why he put tears on my face. He said, "Those aren't tears. They're freckles and that's my favorite part about your face. Because you have freckles like me."
I have never liked my freckles. . . until now.


This card from Briggs cracked me up. All the right letters. But no sense of order. I love it.

Okay, this next picture I am posting for all the world to see. My eyes just about fell out of my head when I saw this - coming from the child who by far gives me the most grief, frustration, and parental exhaustion when it comes to practicing. I think I'll frame this and hang it above the piano.


Happy Mother's Day!
.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Mom - Thanks for the Mother's Day card you sent ME! I think about you all the time, but particularly this week because I have you penciled in my calendar to arrive for the birth of Lydia. Not so. You are a superhero for coming out two months ago instead and helping us in a time of crisis. I'm glad Lydia is safely here and I cannot thank you enough for taking over when I couldn't. I only wish I could have been around more (instead of in the hospital) to enjoy you like everyone else did. Happy Mother's Day! I love you, Mom.