Things Eliza says that make us laugh:
Ooooh! Dassa awesome!
You sooooo cute!
Soppit! Igum! (even when Brigham's not around it's her go-to expression of frustration.)
Too hot! (anytime she gets in the car or takes a step outside. . . we hear ya, kiddo!)
Wassa Mattow? (even when nothings the matter she still says it putting her arm around you.)
Things she loves:
Pocka-poo (Popsicle - her pronunciation cracks the boys up every time, as you can imagine!)
nak-nak (snack sack)
gasses (sun glasses - another one the boys love)
Pinky (her blanket)
Isaac: When I grow up I want to be a professional piano player.
30 minutes later. . .
Isaac: Clay, do you want to play spaceships with me?
Me: Actually Isaac, it's time for you to do piano now.
minor meltdown. . .
Me: You just said you wanted to be a professional piano player.
Isaac: I changed my mind. Now I decided I want to be a professional spaceship player.
I was putting Desitin cream on Lydia. Isaac came in.
"Ew, I can't believe moms have to do that on babies bums! That's so gross!"
believe me, moms do grosser things than that. . .
Brigham's prayer:
". . . and please bless Isaac to stop fighting and Lydia to stop screaming and mom to start thinking straight."
if this is any indication of how the trip is going so far, I think we need all the prayers we can get!
While driving through Colorado, Isaac was complaining about a stomach ache. Nate responded in the kindest tone:
"Well, we're almost to Mesa Verde and then you can barf there, okay?"
I'm pretty sure this will be the standard quote I use in response to all complaints about anything. . . for the rest of my life.
Isaac and Brigham were pestering each other in the car. Isaac got in trouble.
"I wish I had a different family! I wish I had a family with two Clayton's and NO BRIGHAMS! ArrHhh!"
We went to see our little cousins perform on their final day of cheer camp where Clayton, Isaac, and Brigham saw cheerleaders for the first time in real life. I fully expected them to be bored. But they were seriously mesmerized. Afterward Isaac said,
"Wow. I really like-ted that show. I never noticed that girls were so cute!"
great. well, I was hoping it wouldn't be for twenty more years or so. . .
Grandma Joycie was holding and doting over sleeping Lydia.
Grandma: Oh, babies are so precious aren't they. Do you think you'll have any more, dear?
Me: Sorry, I think Lydia is our last. . . although the Brady Bunch idea has crossed my mind. Three boys and three girls sounds fun, right?
Grandma: Fun? My lands! Six kids does not sound fun!
just then Lydia started shrieking as the boys clattered past my grandma's million-dollar china cabinet hooting and hollering.
good point, grandma.
.
1 comment:
Ha, ha, ha.......
(That's me cracking up, as always, about the funny things your darling kiddos say)
Post a Comment