Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Brigham Practicing Today


There's a reason Brigham's piano teacher says he's her only self-taught student. It's just a nice way of saying he doesn't listen to her. Brig is definitely his own self. This morning I tried to persuade him not to ride his bike to school by telling him that I'd never seen a bike with training wheels there. Instead of being intimidated he said, "Good. Then I guess I'll be the first." He's also the first to successfully practice for an entire 20 minutes with his head inside his shirt.
Do you see what I deal with?
(thanks to Isaac for filming. I love your commentary.)

And now we're off to buy Clayton the only thing his heart desires for his birthday (today): a flashlight.

I'm a lucky mom.
.

5 comments:

Russ Cannon said...

That's great! Next time he performs at a recital, he should put a bag over his head to impress the audience.

Jenny said...

Wow! That is impressive Brig! I'm also impressed with your piano skills Emily.

When do you think is the best age to start Brian on the piano?

Christina said...

I keep waiting for you to make him take his shirt down. But you don't. And I am in awe. He obviously doesn't need to. Your family is amazing.

Emily said...

Jenny - just so you know I haven't played it yet without flubbing up.

Clayton and Isaac both started after they turned six. Brigham started when he turned five. I think between ages five and eight is a good time to start. Anything earlier is probably too early.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Wow, if he is that good with his head hiding in his shirt, I can't imagine if he was actually looking! I love it. Kuddos on the piano skills, both you and Brigham.