This place is awesome. And if you have little boys, it's an absolute must! Isaac was so excited to visit the Mormon Battalion Historic Site again. And do all the things he loves. Like driving a covered wagon.
Watching the pictures come to life.
Panning for gold.
Firing cannons.
Brick-making. Can you tell which temple this is?
Raiding the supply room.
Fiddling with grandma. (I love this shot of my mom. Can you see why she is so loved there?)
Learning how to load and fire a musket from the Mormon Battalion director himself: Grandpa Tim.
And of course dressing up as a soldier.
He had a great time with this and really played the part well.
But realized after just a short while how heavy soldier gear is. Just the gun alone weighs about as much as he does.
Lydia loved the Battalion Center too. She was showered with attention from all the sister missionaries.
But loved being carried around (and kissed and cuddled) by grandma most of all.
I, of course, was in heaven just being with my parents. The Visitor's Center is wonderful. It's beautiful, peaceful, sunny, and full of life (they had over 800 visitors on the day we were there). My parents are amazing.
I loved hanging out with Isaac. Isaac is never boring. He is seriously one of the funnest people to travel with!
I loved the weather, the scenic views, and the architecture - beautiful from every angle!
But I especially enjoyed spending time with family. I even got to see my sister Mandy since our visits overlapped by a day.
I'm glad we got to visit you, mom and dad, one last time at the Mormon Battalion Historic Site. I can't believe you'll be done in January! Thanks for entertaining us along with the rest of the crowd there! We love you!.
4 comments:
Oh I just LOVE all these pictures. It is seriously the coolest Visitor's Center ever!
P.S. You called Lydia Eliza. Unless I am the one that has them mixed up, which I do all the time when talking about those two darling girls.
Oh, you're right! That IS Lydia! See? I can't even keep my own kids straight!!!
Thanks Jenz - I'm fixing it right now (just so Lydia's not traumatized in the future - thinking she'll always be in Eliza's shadow.) oops.
I just wanted to say that you and Isaac and Lydia were the best part of San Diego. Just thought I'd let you know ;)
oh, and this is Mandy. But I'm sure Brian feels the same way!
Post a Comment