Monday, October 24, 2011

Eliza's Cute Cat Birthday

We are having so much fun with a little girl in the house! Our darling Eliza is two years old (I can hardly believe it). We celebrated her birthday last Saturday with a "meow"velous cat party. It was very pink. And cute. And the boys were such great sports to go along with all the girlishness. Eliza invited her two BFF's and their older siblings (12 kids in all) which ended up being a party full. . . of the cutest, loudest, craziest cats!love this picture - look at those eyes!
Everyone had a great time.
Everyone except one person. But hey. . . it's her party.
And in all fairness, she only cried once - and was well attended to. For the most part Eliza loved being a cat for the day and enjoyed having everyone's attention.We had the cutest cat cookies. (you can tell how proud I am of these because I couldn't stop taking pictures of them). And they tasted as good as they look.




We also had a pink cat cake (thanks for the idea Jess!) which I was also super proud of.
And which Eliza loved.And for Brigham, who is allergic to cookies and cake with real frosting, got some brownie bites with marshmallows and dabs of fake frosting. They were supposed to be cats but ended up more like mice. . . which also totally worked.We made paper cat ears and licorice cat collars. (look at Brigham's level of concentration here. . .)

All the cats went on a mouse hunt for their hidden mice. These toy mice creep me out. I keep trying to throw Brigham's away but he loves it too much and can't understand why I freaked out the other night when I caught a glimpse of it in the dark on his pillow.The highlight of the party though was "the Amazing Pet Show". Nate was the MC. It was the talk of the town and everyone's pets won a special award. And when I say special, I really mean it. Nate, with all his performing/public speaking talents, was definitely at his best for this! Even the grown-ups were entertained.
Eliza also had the time of her life opening presents - something she knew all about this year.
She got lots of dolls and accessories. Thanks everyone!


Clayton tied this little doll blanket for Eliza. He did such a good job and all her dolls love it.
Here's the video of Eliza's cute cat party. Seriously, we are such party animals! (no pun intended)


We love you little miss Eliza!
We cannot even tell you what a blessing and joy you are in our family.
Happy Cat Birthday, beautiful girl.

.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a purrr-fectly wonderful party! Happy Birthday cute Eliza!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Once again you have completely out-done yourself! No two-year old girl could ask for a better party! She is getting so big. I still remember getting goose bumps when I heard you were having a little girl. Not just look at her! What a doll.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Those cookies and the cat cake are soooo cute. I'd be proud too! They look like they're straight from a bakery! Happy birthday little Eliza- also, dang, I missed it! I took my birthday list off my fridge 2 months ago when Eric and I went on a trip and I had to load the fridge with instructions for grandpa so I've been missing b-days!! Then again I almost always send cards about a month late anyway, so we're good! haha