I'm still documenting our San Diego trip (don't worry, only one more post after this) - it was so fun, I just can't stop looking at the pictures! And I don't want Isaac to ever forget it, either. When I was his age I went on a special trip with my grandparents to Colorado. My grandmother was in the General Relief Society presidency and had several speaking assignments there. But they also took some extra time to show me the sites and do other fun things. My grandma documented the whole trip - taking polaroid pictures at every stop and keeping a detailed journal for me of things we did (including things I said). Afterward she put it all into a book - which I still have and cherish. So that's why (a month later) I'm still blabbing on about San Diego. That, and the fact that I love re-living such happy times myself. It turns out Isaac is still blabbing about San Diego too. So I'll let him tell this part:First Isaac is going to take you on a walking tour of Old Town. And then we'll head to the beach.
Hi. This is Old Town. You can't walk ten steps without grandma stopping to talk. She knows everyone in Old Town. Here she is chatting (in Spanish) with the guitar player at the old-fashioned hotel.
This place is awesome (even though I look bored out of my mind here) This is the first San Diego Courthouse - built by Mormon Battalion members. I'm yawning because my mom keeps making me pose for pictures when all I really want to do is look around and fire the cannon.
This is my favorite thing to do in Old Town. I could fire cannons for hours.
But I also like walking around at night with grandma and going inside toy shops. There's always Spanish music playing at night and lots of people eating at restaurants. My mom likes to eat at restaurants with my grandpa. Also just so you know, Old Town has the best bubble gum.
Grandma's house is next to the Mormon Battalion center and right across the street from Old Town Historic Park. I like jumping on the air mattress at her house and snuggling with my baby sister. Don't we look alike?
I also like playing airplanes. I played on the porch with Jordie. It's always fun when my cousins from Utah stop by.
We went to the beach together and I saw the Pacific Ocean for the second time in my life. There are lots of dogs at the Pacific Ocean. I kept going too far away in the waves and my mom or grandma had to run after me. My mom did not like that. I also liked throwing seaweed with Catie. My mom did not like that either.
The ocean is fun. When I grow up I'm going to live at the ocean. But only if my mom moves there too.
There are so many great things to see at the ocean. Like grandpa. And sand.
Lots and lots and lots of sand. That's another thing I love about the ocean.
Well, did you like the tour? Now you know all about the ocean and Old Town.
Have a great day and I hope you visit San Diego soon!
.
3 comments:
The pictures are great, but the commentary is the best! What a great kid. I am sure this is a trip he will remember the rest of his life.
I love the narration of his trip. It sounds like he had so much fun. Jordan and Caitie were so glad they got to see him while they were there. And they love Isaac so much because he will throw seaweed with them and run out into the waves and roll in the sand with them.
What a good memories to have of a special trip with his mom!
We've got to find some way to use Isaac's commentary for some public relations campaign! I love the last picture with the comment. Cute kid!
Post a Comment