Eliza has two "dollies" (dolls with hair, as opposed to "babies" without hair). For the longest time they both went by "dolly". But recently they've acquired names: "Eliza" and "Lydia". Eliza totes them everywhere - mothering, doting, feeding, changing, chatting, and fussing as she goes. It's like looking in the mirror watching her figure out how to juggle them both. And I think we'd both agree that two is definitely harder than one. Getting two dolls securely in the doll stroller and then out again has proven to be quite frustrating. Carrying two dolls up and down the stairs has been downright dangerous. Taking them both for drives in the push-car is nearly impossible. And keeping track of both of them day in and day out can be quite the ordeal. When Eliza holds two dolls in two arms, she finds she has no arms left to open doors, hold onto stair railings, or catch herself when she stumbles - not to mention carry anything else! Two dolls also means two sets of clothes, two bowls of "strawberry soup" with spoons, two pairs of hands to wash, two heads of hair to brush, two diapers to change and twice as many wet wipes, two bows, two blankets, two bottles, two beds and two bedtime books. Yes, two dolls is a lot of work.



But two beautiful girls also means endless smiles. . .
and quadruple the blessings.
I wouldn't trade them for the world.(Even if, for me, it means getting four girls dressed everyday.)
.
4 comments:
Love it! That's double the busy mom action going on in your house. Eliza is just adorable. I love the way she watches you and copies EVERYTHING. And when did Lydia get so much dark hair? Wow! It's gorgeous!
Those sisters (and the dolls) are just the cutest, EVER! I love that Eliza named her little girls after herself and Lydia and oh my, Lydia has the most chubilicious cheeks! I wish i could eat them up!
I'm so glad you posted these adorable pictures. Lydia has grown and changed so much.....all that cute hair! I can hardly wait until I can come to Houston and play dolls with Eliza. I love the picture of Eliza on the couch with her little sister and dolls.
Those are the cuties little dolls I've ever seen! I mean your dolls, not Eliza's. I can't wait for all things girl. It is quite the change from legos and basketball.
Post a Comment