Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day of Music: Take Three

This was Clayton's third year to attend piano camp.  It was Isaac's second.  And Brigham's first.  Having all three boys there was a little hectic with their different class and performance schedules (not to mention their unexplainable tendency to wrestle, play-fight, joust, box, and rough-house whenever their within arms reach of each other).  But the boys had a great time, they learned a lot, and they all performed well.

Here are a few pictures of the boys during their master classes.  Brigham and Isaac both had Sara Kotrbe (an amazing Suzuki instructor and mother from Minnesota who I recently discovered blogs about teaching music - and I LOVE her blog).  Brigham played "Little Playmates" and "Au Clair de la Lune"
Isaac played "Lightly Row" and "Honey Bee".  He has a knack for talking and managed to talk more than he played.  A kind parent took screaming Lydia out in the hallway for me so I could listen in on the master class (and take these pictures).  Thank you to all kind parents everywhere who help other parents with their screaming children!
Clayton studied with Ms. Doris - a legend teacher in the Suzuki world.  Don't let her white hair fool you.  This woman has spunk!  She was amazing the way she got those kids to play!  I also love that you can see my reflection in the piano - those were some nice pianos.  Clayton played "Minuet" by Bach and something else.  I don't remember.
Then there was the rhythm and movement class.   Again providing ample opportunity for my boys to misbehave.  It was fun to see them enjoying music, though.  Even if I had to call a couple time-outs in front of all the other parents.




And the Orff Instruments class.  A definite favorite.



And music theory. 


Lydia, of course, was bored out of her mind and squawked through every performance.
Here is a clip of Brigham playing "Au Clair de la Lune" for the recital.  I just love every move he makes on stage.
Isaac played "Lightly Row" and I accidentally deleted it while I was clearing off pictures!!!!! SO SO SAD!  He played flawlessly though and I was so proud of him.  Here is Clayton playing Minuet.  Beautiful job.
And a few clips of all the other classes.  We can't wait for piano camp next year!


"Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm to life and to everything. " - Plato


No comments: