This year the kids and I decided to surprise Nate at work for his birthday. And boy, was it a surprise. . .
It turns out he was super busy and on a really important conference call when we showed up. We paraded into the lobby of his office building with cake, cards, and balloons. But when I called his office no one answered. When I called his cell phone no one answered. So I called again. . . and again. Finally he picked up and before even saying hello he blurted, "Honey, is this an emergency?" I should have said "Yes! We're all downstairs. Come quick!" But I fumbled. Instead I said, "No, just call me back when you get a chance."
So. . .
after more than an hour. . .
and a very long walk around the streets of downtown Houston. . .
with five hungry children carrying homemade cards and balloons. . .
We finally celebrated.
But the wait was totally worth it to see the smiles and looks of surprise when Nate stepped out of the elevator. Happy Birthday, Nate! Now we know that you really are hard at work for us during the day and appreciate you all the more!
We love you! Happy Birthday, Nate!



No comments:
Post a Comment