This year for spring break, we went with some friends to. . . are you ready for this?. . . Disney World! We thought we were being so smart to go in March and beat the summer crowds - HA! All of Texas was there. Brigham ran into four other kids (all at different times) from his kindergarten class back home. Not even kidding. But despite the crowds and long lines, we had a blast hanging out with the McKays who kept us thoroughly entertained. 
This post has a lot of pictures. I really didn't think I took so many. . . until I uploaded them all. There were a billion. A billion smiley moments (of us waiting in line mostly) at the happiest place on earth. And I want to remember them all. Just warning ya.
Fantasy Land:
Clayton and Brigham are modeling their "first time to Disney World" badges. . . and their uh. . .happy faces?
Here we are on Lydia's favorite ride - Small World. The song still brings a smile to her face and lots and lots of clapping.
Doc. . . Happy. . . and hmmmm. . . Grumpy? Can you tell which one didn't want to pose for this picture?
Tomorrow Land:
Tomorrow land was always my least favorite as a kid. Turns out that's because I was a girl. My boys gravitated there. We were constantly heading back to Tomorrow Land for "one last ride" on Buzz Lightyear or Space Mountain.
Brigham ran into his best friend from school. They were so excited to unexpectedly see each other.
Oh no! Zurg has trapped all the kids!
Eliza with her BFF waiting in line to ride "Buzz".
I have to admit this ride is one of my favorites - even though it requires some laser firing skills which I obviously do not have.
Nate was much better. . .
Frontier Land:
Splash Mountain. Pirates of the Caribbean. Haunted Mansion. Swiss Family Tree House. Spray Fountains. Restaurants. Train Ride. Target Practice. Hall of the Presidents. Parades. We did it all in Frontier Land. All except our all-time favorite ride, Thunder Mountain!!!!! It was closed. We almost cried.
Clayton spent his money on sunglasses and this spray fan which we all appreciated. My favorite quote of the trip was when Clayton slipped on his shades for the first time, slung his fan up from his hip and said, "Ah, now I have everything I need to be perfect."

Cute Lydia. I sure love this happy (sweaty) baby. . .
Isaac's favorite part of Frontier Land.
This is how Lydia enjoyed most of Disney World.
Only Clayton and Brig were brave enough to go on the Haunted Mansion. They talked and laughed (and pretended to fire Buzz Lightyear blasters) through the entire thing. Sorry to anyone else on the ride who wanted to be scared.
Here they are playing the spooky musical instrument wall. We let at least a dozen people pass us in line because of this.
Waiting for the parade. We got a nice spot right in the sun. But at least we had a place to sit.
love this picture of these two. . .
and this one of the kids. . .
Best picture ever.
Main Street:
Everything about Disney World is magical.
Eliza was so much fun. She enjoyed all the rides. She was even happy waiting in line. I love these pictures. . .
Lydia on the other hand had a hard time with the late nights and no naps. Aw, poor Lydia.
Just so you know there are multiple parking lots at Disney World and they are all massive. We accidentally went to the wrong one and spent a few hours hiking back to our car.
Riding the monorail. . . to the parking lot. Just getting to and from the park (with strollers, bags, and lots of kids) is quite the ordeal.
But it was all worth it. And we'd do it all again in a heartbeat.








































1 comment:
Lydia's red eyes are so sad in that one picture, but otherwise it looks like so. much. fun!
Post a Comment