This post is about swimming. This post is about driving. This post is about sleeping (Ha!) seven people in a hotel room. This post is about campaigning for Mitt Romney in Alabama and Mississippi. This post is not about Disney World. It is about everything else that happened along the way. VOTE FOR MITT:
We drove through Alabama and Mississippi four days before the GOP primaries. So, naturally, we made shirts and banners to campaign along the way. I'm pretty sure at least one person at Arby's voted for Romney after meeting us. So we can officially claim that we got out the vote. . . even if he lost both primaries. boo.
Swimming is never just swimming with my boys. It's water-wrestling, water-battling, water-jousting, water-sword fighting. There is no end to the combat. In the pool Brigham is at a disadvantage though because he can't touch the ground. So after getting tired of treading water, he finally put aside pride and wore Eliza's water wings. And believe me, he was quite the swordsman. 

Eliza also discovered her love of swimming. She is now a self-proclaimed "merdmaid"
SEVEN IN A HOTEL:
This is how we do it. I'll give you a grand tour of our hotel room in this video.
And wherever we go we are traveling entertainment. No need to even leave the hotel room - you won't find a better show anywhere.
This "Viking Sword Fighting" video is one of my favorites ever. I have never seen Nate laugh so hard. These foam swords and shields from Epcot were by far our best purchases.DRIVING:
Driving is always an adventure. We are pro road-trippers though. We just take the bumps and turns as they come and I have so many memories of driving that I will never forget. Although there are several (from this trip in particular) that I'd like to forget. Like getting a speeding ticket crossing the panhandle. Or like completely
missing the interstate and driving an extra four hours through Georgia.
love this video of scenery driving through Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia (by mistake), and Florida. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Watch out world - The Smiths will be hitting the road again in August. . .










No comments:
Post a Comment