Hello world! After a month of off and on internet service (transferring service, cancelling service, changing service providers, fixing problems with new service. . . multiple times) I am happy to announce that I am back online! Finally.
And let me just say that March and April have been months of madness for us. Here are 25 noteworthy family events since the last time I blogged - which feels like a lifetime ago. In no particular order:
1) We bought a house
2) I finished reading the Book of Mormon with the kids and we've started again
3) Nate had a birthday!
4) Clayton, Isaac, and Brig attended a music conference for young pianists
5) We went (drove) to Disney World for a week
6) And campaigned for Romney in Alabama and Mississippi along the way
7) I got a speeding ticket and had to take a defensive driving course
8) We moved into our new house
9) My mom came to visit (rescue/help move) us. We couldn't have done it without you
10) I underwent minor surgery
11) We spent four straight weeks passing a horrible flu virus though the whole family (which really put our new washing machine and dryer through it's paces)
12) Isaac did an awesome research project on whale sharks
13) Baseball season began with all three boys playing - playoffs are next week
14) Lydia now wears a helmet
15) We went to lots and lots of doctor, dentist, allergist, endoscopy, and orthotics appointments
16) Isaac lost two teeth - two days apart from each other. The tooth fairy miraculously made it for both.
17) Lydia turned one! (I have the cutest pictures!)
18) We hosted two Easter Egg hunts
19) Eliza completed 4 weeks of every-day swimming lessons
20) Brigham had to go to the emergency room after lodging a rock in his ear canal
21) Lydia learned to crawl - backwards
22) Clayton had one of his compositions published in an international piano magazine
23) Brigham did an awesome research project on dragonflies
24) The kids caught a toad, three lizards, and tons of potato bugs and snails in our backyard
25) We own a Slip-n-Slide for the first time ever!
26) Nate worked like crazy as usual
27) And this morning we unpacked (almost) the last of our boxes.
Oops. That's 27.
I have a lot to catch up on (thousands of pictures to go through) but for now I'll leave you with a few pictures of the very exciting Quidditch (can you tell what the boys have all been reading?) match in our backyard this afternoon. Did I mention that we finally have a backyard? And how much I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE it? Let the games begin!













3 comments:
I'm soooo happy to see you are alive Emily! I knew you were crazy busy just from what Mom told me, but I didn't know you had THAT much going on. I hope you start to feel like things aren't so crazy soon. I'm glad to see your boys enjoying that backyard. All boys need a backyard. I can't wait to see more from you. No pressure or anything.
Oh great. Now my ears feel funny. Man, listing all that stuff like that shows that you actually are a super hero.
Em, I can't wait to see (and hear) all about those 27 items. And knowing how amazing you are, I am fully expecting a post for each one of them.
Post a Comment