Friday, August 3, 2012

chocolate factory


 I had no idea that we live practically next door to a real live chocolate factory.  And, unlike Willy Wonka's, it's factory doors are open to the public. We joined some friends on a tour of Kegg's the other day.  It was perfect timing too because I had just read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Brigham.  On the drive over he asked (in all seriousness), "I just want to know, is there an elevator in this chocolate factory?"  I laughed. . . and then worried my kids might be disappointed after reading about chocolate rivers, everlasting gobstoppers, and Oompa-Loompas. But I was so wrong!
 The candy shop alone was mind-boggling!
 The kids discovered chocolate everything.  Including a chocolate piano and full scale chocolate violin.  They each picked out a treat.
 I don't think my kids have ever seen so much candy.
 Here's everyone lined up for the tour.
 It turns out there's a lot I didn't know about chocolate!  Like that the most expensive chocolate in the world is a black truffle that costs $250.00 for ONE piece! And $2,600.00 for an entire box. Not even kidding. The chocolate comes from a cacao bean that is so rare the chocolates have to be booked in advance.  Also white chocolate is the most fattening. And milk chocolate actually hardly has any chocolate in it at all.
 And this is where all the magic happens.  This eventually becomes. . .
 this. . .
which then becomes this.  Mmmm. . .
 Which makes for some very happy kids.
Thanks Whitni for inviting the world to go with you to the chocolate factory!
We loved it.

No comments: