Eliza is three. "Wit's count dum. One, two, free!" She was so confused because we didn't actually celebrate her birthday on her birthday. She kept walking around telling people, "It's my happy birthday today. But where's my birthday cake?" Not to worry. We went all out (as usual) with not one, but two very fancy-nancy-glitzy-ritzy-frilly-feathery-pink-pink-pink birthday parties. One on Saturday with the family, which included symphony tickets, fancy dining, elegant cake, and presents galore! And one the next week with her preschool friends, which included a glitter parade, fashion show, designer bags, glamor photos, and beautifully decorated (if I do say so myself) flower cookies. Here are (as always) LOTS of pictures:
We dined at an elegant restaurant (Red Robin) where we all "ate with our pinkies up and called each other darling." Lydia really got into it - insisting on eating her goldfish crackers one by one with a fork.
The Cake:
We had a golden key lime cake, drizzled with lemon glaze, and accented with dainty pink-pearl flowers. It doesn't get any fancier. I promise. And it tasted even better. Wow. This cake is so good. It's a recipe I got from my sister. I'll post the recipe later. Mmmmm.
Eliza was seriously awed by it.
There were three birthday candles.
And three birthday kisses.
And one perfectly happy little three-year-old.
The Presents:
Eliza got some fancy dress-ups. (I love Isaac's face here)
Fancy shoes.
And paints, stickers, and this cute doll carrier bag (a much needed accessory) from Grandma Melissa which has become practically a permanent attachment.
Happy Birthday to our especially elegant and enchanting Eliza!
Now onto the preschool party. . .
It was my week to teach Letter G. So I threw a "Glitz and Glamor" birthday bash for Eliza. It was everything our facy-nancy-never-wears-anything-except-a-skirt little girl could have dreamed of. When I showed Nate the pictures later on, his commentary, as I flipped through the pictures, was hilarious. It went about like this, (he sounded scared) "oh my. . . wow. . . oh heavens. . . Emily. . . I've never known this side of you." Yes, it was rather girly. I loved it.
The Invitations:
These were so easy to make. And turned out so cute.
Eliza loved them. I realized after she carried hers around for days that this little paper purse could have been her only birthday present and she would have been totally happy.
Here she is on her way to deliver them to her friends. Are you excited?
The Party:
And now, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the glamor show! The girls put on their glitz and glitter and took turns parading down the runway. My favorite Strauss waltzes played in the background while I commentated. It was hilarious.
". . . and here we have the enchanting Eliza dressed entirely in pink. With her diamond tiara, movie-star glasses, beautiful princess gown, and dazzling smile. Ooo-la-la this girl is posh . ."
Lydia was so funny. She would not be left out. She dressed herself up like everyone else and paraded around just like the older girls.
There were lots of costume and accessory changes.
The Designer Bags:
I sewed buttons and fringe on the bags.
Then the girls decorated them with layered felt flowers. We also used glitter glue to make them sparkle. They had so much fun trying all different flower combinations and designs.
Here's the final product. So cute.
The Cookies:
It was fun to have a little helper with these. Eliza loved helping me with the frosting - especially tasting it and sampling the broken cookies.
First they looked like this. . .
And then this.
Aren't they beautiful?
And then we wrapped them up with sparkly ribbon.
Happy birthday to my darling, dazzling, beautiful girl! I can't imagine life without you. But I know for sure it would be a lot less. . . pink.
Eliza, you are the gleam in my eye and the sparkle in my heart.
We all love you, happy birthday girl!










































3 comments:
Wow. This is one seriously celebrated girl. So cute! Love your posts!
What can one say, but WOW! Who needs Disneyland? Just live (or go to parties)at the Smith's house! It all looks very fun, and super creative.
Where do you find the time? This party looks like it was perfect. And your cookies are gorgeous. After attempting to make fish cookies for Jordan's class, I know just how hard and time consuming those flowers probably were. What a lucky little girl.
Post a Comment