Thursday, October 11, 2012

September 2012 Quote Book

All summer long, as I schlepped my five children around pretty much everywhere, people always commented, "wow, you're a busy mom. you have your hands full." They always think they're saying something new and clever. Turns out, Eliza was taking notes. Today she took her "baby Belle" to the grocery store. The lady behind us said, "oh my, what a good mommy you are!" Eliza replied quite seriously,
"I'm a really busy mom. I have my hands full."
I laughed out loud. best thing I've heard all year. . .


Brig was describing what he likes about playing music.
"The rests are my favorite part because you can play them as loud as you want and they sound exactly the same to everyone else!"
spoken like a true musician. . .


Brigham has been getting in trouble (everyday) at school for "talking in the bathroom". We have had many many conversations about it. Last night I asked him, "Are you going to talk in the bathroom at school tomorrow?" He answered confidently,
"Yes! I mean, no. I mean. . . wait.
Am I supposed to talk in the bathroom?"
 

I just about pulled out all my hair. NOOOOOOOO! No! No! No! No Talking In The Bathroom! sheesh. . .

Eliza:
Can you pleeeeez brush Lydia's hair today. It's really boddering her.

you know that's always my goal: brush Lydia's hair. on days that it happens, I consider it a major accomplishment.


Eliza went "shopping" in our house for pretend suckers today. She came back with imaginary suckers for everyone.
"Here's a pink sucker for you. And a pink one for you. And a pink one for you. And a pink one for me. And. . . oh, sorry Lydia. Here's a broken one for you. It's not pink. Sorry. And it's broken."
sadly, even in pretend, Lydia gets the shaft.

No comments: