Clayton was talking about his soccer team on the way home from their fourth loss in a row:
"My
team is so awesome. We're all smart. We all have good sportsmanship.
We're all friends. And we always have a good time. The only thing
we're lacking is any sort of soccer talent whatsoever."
I love this kid. . .
Isaac and Clayton have been taking a speed class. Today on his way into class, Isaac suddenly struck an athletic pose and said,
"I think I know why I'm so fast. Just look at my leg muscles. They're huge!"
and humble. . .
I
went upstairs the other night to check on the kids and found Clayton
still awake listening to Chopin and reading Nate's "Popular
Science" magazine. Surprised by his general grown-up-ness, I said:
"Clayton, you're ten!"
He looked at me blankly and then exclaimed:
"Oh, I get it! you're right, goodnight mom."
hmm, glad that exchange went well.
Brig
was bragging about kicking the soccer ball so high at recess that it
went over the entire school and landed on the other side.
Isaac: No way! Did that really happen?
Brig: Nah, it's just realistic fiction.
guess who's been studying literary genres lately?
Clayton
was expounding on the "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a
day. But if you teach a man to fish, you feed if for a lifetime."
philosophy:
"It's good to give people some of your money if they need it. But it's better to give them a piece of your mind."
Isaac stumbled into the room moaning and holding his elbow. When I asked him what happened he said,
"I just hit my hilarious bone."
Brigham
brought home a folder full of failed school assignments which kind of
surprised me. I really got on him about it. How in the world did this
happen? What were you thinking? He responded quite lecturing,
"Mom, there are more important things than school."
Like what? What could be more important than school?
"Life, mom. Life. . . is more important than school."
yes,
in the grand scheme of things, fine. but. . .but. . . erg. . . leave
it to my six-year-old to blatantly put things back into perspective.
thanks.
1 comment:
I really needed a laugh this morning. I love your quote book.
Post a Comment