Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sharing The Love. . .

Valentine's Day is upon us.  And, despite a bad flu bug that swept through our house one family member at a time for six days straight, we're making the most of it. The good news is, nobody threw-up today.  Instead, the kids have all been busy signing and taping candy on Valentine's cards. And instead of scrubbing carpets and washing mountains of barfy sheets, today I have been sewing festive decorations.  See how domestic I've become?  Here's a look at what we've been up to.
 I borrowed this table runner pattern from Jess (hers turned out way better).  I went to the craft store to pick out some red fabric.  I came home with pink.  Plus some random extra Dora the Explorer fabric - huh?  How did that happen?  Oh yeah, I went to the store Eliza. 
 But, pink it is. . . and I love it.
All you boys are just going to have to deal.
 I know this idea is so old now.  But old ideas are still good ideas.  And our valentine's hand-outs turned out so cute this year.  When Eliza realized a photo-shoot was going on, she would not be left out of the spotlight and made her appearance in some form or another  in every single shot.  I ended up having to crop or edit her out of the pictures.  Except Brigham's - there she is in all her glory.  Sorry Brig. 
 The boys tried to stay as far away from pink as possible in their digital decorating.  (little did they know that all the candy wrappers would be pink.)
 Valentine's Day is not a very manly holiday, I have to admit.

 Eliza LOVES Valentine's Day though. . . as you can imagine.
 Lydia was really upset that she didn't have any Valentine's cards to sign.  She found a pen and kept trying to scribble on everyone else's. So I quickly printed out a few for her.  
 And she signed every single one.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

So adorable, and what a cute idea for Valentine's cards! Darling pictures of the kids.