Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Texas Corn Dip

Here's the corn dip recipe you've all been waiting for.  It's one of my favorites - we all love it. Lydia eats it by the bowl full - jalapenos and all. And (picky, vegetarian) Clayton requests it as a meal. That's sayin' somthin'. I first discovered this dip three years ago at a Christmas party (for Nate's work) out on a real Texas ranch.  I couldn't stop going back for more.  It turned out to be a secret family recipe though (along with their homemade venison chili) and I have been trying to recreate the corn dip ever since.  I have tried it with jalapenos and without jalapenos.  With cilantro and without cilantro.  With sour cream and without sour cream. With black beans and without.  With canned corn, frozen corn, fresh corn. Fresh peppers. Garlic. A variety of spices.  You name it.  But this combination of ingredients here is by far the best version - the one I'm sticking with.  And lucky for you, my recipe is no secret.

1 can (15 oz.) of Fiesta Corn (drained)
1 package of frozen Southwest Corn and Black Beans
1 can (4.5 oz.) of Diced Green Chiles
1 T of Diced (canned or fresh) Jalapenos (less or more depending on your taste)
1/4 cup of Chopped Green Onions
1/2 cup of Sour Cream
1/2 cup of Mayonaise
1 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese
3/4 tsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
Salt (to taste)

Mix all the vegetables together in a bowl.
 Add the chili powder, cumin, and salt.
 Stir in the sour cream, mayo, and cheese.  Refrigerate for a few hours.  Serve with chips!
Mmm. . . 
I promise it won't last long.

1 comment:

Christina said...

This looks so good. I love corn. And I miss Target so very very bad.