Friday, April 5, 2013

Who's Ready To Dye?

 I made the kids clean up the backyard while I set everything out to dye Easter eggs this year.  When everything was ready and it looked like the boys were done cleaning and had moved on to tree climbing and wrestling tag, I called out to them, "Okay!  Who's ready to dye?" to which they all replied, "Me! Me! Me!"  I'm sure that raised some eyebrows among our neighbors.  But oh well. . . Let the dying begin!
A few years ago the kids discovered the magic of sharpies on Easter eggs.

This year Clayton applied some tie-dying techniques he learned at school.

Masterpieces, right?
I love Brigham's hedgehog egg.
And this pink pig.
Since the girls were napping, I decorated a few for them.
Once the girls were awake, the beautifully dyed Easter eggs lasted a total of ten minutes before they were all cracked and broken - every last one.  Sad.
But I got some cute pictures of Eliza and Lydia in their pink Easter dresses playing with the (pre-broken) hard-boiled eggs.

The boys were a little sad that their hard work went to waste so soon.  But no matter.  We'll all be ready to dye again next year!  Ha ha.
Happy Easter Eggs Everyone!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Those are cute dresses those girls have. Cindy sent Caitie one the same color that looks similar. Caitie wanted to go over to your house and get in the pictures with Eliza and Lydia when she saw these pictures and that they had "the exactly same pink dress as me!" Oh, how I wish we really did live close enough to just come over and hop in your pictures with you!