Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Aquarium

I thought it would be great to go see the sea turtles at the aquarium for Brigham's sea turtle birthday. Except that - as it turns out - there aren't any sea turtles there.  We still had fun seeing all the other sea animals though.
The Houston aquarium is more amusement park-ish than fish-ish.  But whatever.  The kids loved it. They had a blast riding on rides and occasionally checking out the fish.


I could not get these guys to look at me for the picture. I love Isaac especially here - with his mouth open.
There were lots of really pretty fish.

And a few strange ones.
This croc and turtle were real. The kids finally saw them move after waiting a looooong time.
There were some scary fish.
And some very very ridiculous ones.  Nate and I had quite a good laugh cracking jokes about these guys.
Isaac practiced his parseltongue with the giant boa constrictor.
And we all oohed and awwed over the white Bengal tiger. I have no idea why this tiger belongs in an aquarium but there it is.  Lydia and Eliza loved it.
It yawned right in the middle of this picture. Rude.
Looks like Isaac is the only one who really knows how to pose for pictures like this.
We rode on the shark train which takes you through a real live shark tank.



And here's where the train ride gets very universal studio-ish.  Ha! I love this picture of Eliza looking utterly terrified and Nate looking as bored as ever.
Here are all the kids petting the sting rays. Brigham thought they were "soooo cute". Sting rays. Not even kidding.
We rode the giant ferris wheel.  Lydia loved loved LOVED this ride.

plus we got a great view of downtown and Daddy's office.
And even though we didn't see any real sea turtles, Brigham picked out a very cute stuffed one from the gift shop.  Best birthday ever.

No comments: