Brigham turned seven! I can hardly believe it. He really wanted to have a hedgehog birthday again - I mean seriously, how do you top that one right? But then he watched 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (the old Disney version) and discovered a second love: Sea turtles.
So as usual, we went a little crazy with sea turtles. Clayton gave him this giant inflatable sea turtle. We visited the aquarium in the morning and invited friends over for pizza, sea turtle cake, presents, and an epic water battle in the backyard. It was so much fun. And so Brigham.
Brigham is opening a present from Nate - a plastic sack full of some hard to find Lego parts and pieces from Ebay. Clearly these were pieces Isaac was excited about as well.
I never knew so many kids could fit on this. . .
Here are a few pictures of the cake. It turned out so cute that Brigham wanted to just keep it and not eat it.
This cake was so good too! The turtle body was a rich dark chocolate mint cake, covered in choclate frosting, junior mints, and chocolate chunks. The head and fins were vanilla cake with mint icing. All milk-free of course. mmmm.
Brigham kept sneeking into the kitchen to see his cake and steal little tastes. He was so funny.
And to top it off I just about finished Brigham's quilt this week. Now I just need 8 hours to hand stitch the border and it's done!
Sadly, there are no sea turtles.
But there are lots of Brigham's other favorite things.
Including plenty of hedgehogs.
Happy 7th Birthday kiddo!















4 comments:
Your quilt is done! It looks so amazing! I can't believe that you finished before you left. It is perfect.
What fun! Seriously Emily, the cake and the quilt blow my mind! How in the world do you have the time and creativity and energy to do things like that for all your kid's birthdays? Amazing and wonderful! I'll say it again. Your kids are so blessed to have you as their mom.
Happy Birthday Brigs!
What a fun birthday! Your kids sure are lucky to have such a great mom. I love the quilt. So, so cute!
Aww, happy birthday Brigham! The quilt turned out so cute and Brigham looks completely adorable in all the pictures. What an awesome little guy!
Post a Comment