Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hill Aerospace Museum

I grew up in Utah and even though I knew about Hill Air Force Base, I'd never been to the Aerospace Museum there. Oh. My. Goodness.  This place was Isaac's dream come true.  It was so fun to be there with him - he knew names, details, and stories about every single plane.  He even had other random people tag along here and there to listen in.  Seriously, this kid knows so much!  It was awesome.  
As we were walking into the museum I saw Isaac pull his hat over his eyes.  When I asked him what he was doing he said, "I'm just so excited I don't want to see it until we're all the way in.  So tell me when we're through the doors."  When he opened his eyes, his jaw dropped and he let out a groan like he'd just tasted the most delicious ice cream in the universe.  Love that kid.
Aren't those wheels huge?  Isn't Eliza just the most adorable thing Hill Air Force Base has ever seen?
checking out the landing gear.
I still can't believe how huge these airplanes are.  I just can't believe these things fly.

watching the F-16's flying overhead.










Air traffic controller.
We thought there were a ton of planes outside!  Inside, there were three times as many.



Isaac came home dreaming of airplanes and flying all over again. . .
Didn't we all. . .

No comments: