Sunday, October 13, 2013

Eliza's Pinkalicious Birthday

Eliza is 4!  And for her (this comes as no surprise) there isn't anything better than PINK!  If it's pink she'll wear it.  If it's pink she loves it.  And as long as it's pink, it's perfect! So of course we celebrated her birthday this year with all PINK! Her Pinkalicious party was entirely her idea.  It was so much fun.
Eliza continues to add girlishness to everything in our lives.  Lately she likes to line her dollies up for "school" where she teaches them everything she knows from counting to dancing to behaving. The last few days she has been walking around with a stuffed baby tiger in her shirt.  She tells us that her baby will be coming soon. We can't wait.  Right now Eliza is protesting the spelling of her name.  She has started writing it with a "u" at the end instead of an "a" because that is how it is pronounced.  She is very concerned that people will accidentally mispronounce her name with a short "a" at the end - ElizA. We constantly find "notes" written and folded on all our beds from Eliza. She is a sweetheart. She loves cooking in her little kitchen, setting up picnics for everyone, and orchestrating all the affairs of the house. We love our beautiful pinkalicious fairy princess Eliza!
Here are her cute invitations.
And here are a billion pictures from her birthday!  I could not help myself - these girls were just so cute





I tried to match Eliza's cupcakes as perfectly as I could to the cupcakes in the book.  She would have it no other way.


They were so pink.


We had so much fun with Eliza's preschool group.






The girls decorated crowns. danced, and cast pinkalicious spells all over our yard and house.


But the best part was cupcakes!

And opening presents.
I love Eliza's face here. . .

Between conference sessions, when Nate was home, we made a huge Pinkalicious cupcake.
I was in a hurry to get the frosting on before the next session started and didn't wait long enough for the cake to cool.  When we came back in, here's what my beautiful masterpiece looked like.  boo.
But with a little magic and a cute pink bow, Eliza and I fixed it to perfection.

All the boys made the cutest homemade cards that Eliza cherishes.


Grandma sent a pink horse which is so so LOVED!
And a blowy ball game.  Look at Brigham.  I love his face.
Isaac made some Pinkalicious origami puppets for Eliza.  I still chuckle looking at these.
Four candles were lit.
Four wishes were made.   And four candles were blown out.
Happy birthday to our enchanting Eliza. I mean, Elizu.  We love you!

2 comments:

Mandy and Brian said...

How do you keep up with all the Birthdays in your house! I am always amazed! Looks like so much fun.

Allison said...

Caitlin is green with envy over this party. I wish you lived closer so that I could just hire you as my party planner, maybe my kids would actually have parties then! It looks like those girls had a blast!