Saturday, November 2, 2013

October 2013 Quote Book

I was trying to round up the kids for a quick picture in their medieval Halloween costumes.  The girls were galloping around the yard.  Brigham and Isaac were sword fighting.  And Clayton was sauntering into position gnawing on a snack.  I finally got them grouped up and in place and said, "okay, I don't want string cheese in the picture Clay."  Without even blinking he responded,
"Tis not cheese me lady.  Tis rare forest pickins."
oh how easily they fall into character. . . as I snapped the picture on "cheese", I thought me heard a, "rare forest pickins!" from someone in there. probably Isaac.  there is no end to the entertainment around here.


The kids went on a serious shopping spree at the elementary school book fair. On the way home Brigham sighed with contentment and said,
"I loved everything I got at the book fair.  Even the air I breathed there!"
just as I was about to crack a joke about school gymnasium air, he added,
"I mean, at least the air was free!"
ha! at least that's one thing! that lucky book fair made bank off us this year.


Nate and Eliza were playing tic tac toe on the kids menu at a restaurant.  After Eliza "won" the first match, she giggled and squealed,
"I won! I won! Let's play again. . . and this time you win, Daddy, okay?"
if only life could always be fair like this. . .


We were in the check-out line at Target. The body-builder Latino guy in front of us was wearing a pink shirt.  Eliza squealed with excitement.
"Look! Pink! That man is wearing a pink shirt for my birthday!"
the guy looked.  Eliza smiled her sweetest smile and then holding up her fingers she announced,
"I'm having a Pinkalicious party because I'm four!"
not quite sure it was as bonding of a moment for him as it was for her.


Mermaids are a big topic at our house.

Eliza: But where is the Little Mermaid's mom?
Me: Hm, I guess she doesn't have one.
Eliza: But she needs one! She really needs a mom!

yes. she. does. that girl definitely needs a mom.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I live for your monthly quotes post. Your kids crack me up!

Mandy and Brian said...

I'm going to have to remember that..."rare forest pickin's" love it.