Friday, December 20, 2013

Berlin

The 3rd graders this year got to pick a city to research.  Isaac, our WWII buff, wanted to do Berlin.  At first I discouraged it and tried to persuade him to research a city. . . uhh. . . a little more uplifting (i.e. something not so Nazi headquarters-ish).  But he insisted.  And it turns out there is a lot more to Berlin's history than I thought. I enjoyed learning about the Prussian Empire and the Berlin Airlift. Isaac pretty much took the lead with all the ideas for this project.  It was fun to watch him in action.  Check out his "Time Machine" video.  It's his best one yet!  His superb acting makes this film!

Here he is presenting his project at school.

  Great job Isaac!  You're imagination, flair for theatrics (love of costumes), and your incredible knowledge of history and geography amaze me. 
We learned so much!  Way to go, kiddo.


No comments: