Girls: Daddy will you play "Bear" with us?
Nate: Sure (getting down on all fours) Rarr! Rarr!
Girls: (giggling, climbing on his back) Wheee! Hold on to the bear!
Nate: Rarr! Rarr! I'm tired. (flops down and starts fake snoring)
Girls: Aw, wake up bear! Wake up!
uh.
. . this isn't the same "Bear" game I remember when the boys were
little. Can't tell if the bear's gotten older or if it's just different
with girls.
Eliza kept asking when it would snow. I finally said, "Sorry to break it to you, but it doesn't ever snow here." to which she quickly replied,
"Oh, only in heaven?"
yes. . . sometimes the best things only happen in heaven. or Oakley. which is close enough.
Isaac: Oh wow! Look at this tank!
Eliza: Oh wow! Look at this tank!
Isaac: Eliza I just said that.
Eliza: Eliza I just said that.
Isaac: Are you copying me?
Eliza: Are you copying me?
Isaac: Isaac is so awesome!
Eliza: Isaac is so awesome!
Isaac: Isaac is the coolest most amazing person in the world!
Eliza: Isaac is the coolest most amazing person in the world!
Isaac: Isaac is my favorite brother.
Eliza: ummmm. . . Clayton is my favorite brother.
ouch. game over.
Eliza was jumping on her bed at night. grrrr. She fell and hit her head. When I rushed in to see what happened I found Eliza on the floor crying and Lydia watching from her bed singing "5 Little Monkeys".
"No mo numpees numpah nohmma bed!"
of course nothing was enunciated but the fact that she could tattle on Eliza, give her sister a lecture, and make a joke all at the same time had us all laughing ourselves silly.
A few days after Valentine's, I noticed Brigham kept one card from a girl in his bedside drawer. Inside the card was a hand written note that said, " Brigham you do funny things. You make me laugh." When I asked Brigham what was special about this girl he said,
"Oh I don't even know who it's from. I just kept it because it says I make people laugh and since that's my goal at school. . . I like it the best."
what? that's your goal at school? um, how 'bout I give you some other suggestions. . . um. . . like work hard? or do your best? or be respectful? how about a goal to NOT make people laugh?
This afternoon I called upstairs for Eliza. Before I had a chance to tell her why I needed her, she quickly called back,
"I didn't do it!"
uhhh. . . Eliza? you didn't do what????
Brigham competed in a piano competition. Afterwards he said,
"You know what the best part about the competition was? The piano. It sounded. . . aw. . .awesome!"
yeah, that's what playing on a Steinway does. glad to know that that was your favorite part and not the gummy lifesavers I bought you from the vending machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment