Eliza (as always) asked Clayton for a
piggyback ride on the way home from school. Isaac and a friend were
walking a few paces behind them and I heard his friend ask why Clayton
always gives Eliza a piggyback ride. I loved Isaac's answer:
"Because Eliza is a cute and funny little sister. And because Clayton is a. . . (I was holding my breath for an insult) Clayton is. . . exceptional."
I
just finished reading the book, "Goodnight Gorilla" to the girls and I
asked them, "Would you be surprised to find a real gorilla in your bed
when you woke up?" Eliza's eyes lit up:
"No,
but I would be surprised to find a real puppy when I woke up! Oh yes!
Yes! a puppy! Puppy! Oh thank you, mom! I can't wait to wake up for a
real real puppy!"
wait a minute. who said anything about a puppy?
At the grocery store Eliza was trying to convince me to buy her some gum. She talks a million miles an hour.
"Please?
I'll write you a nice note when we get home that says
'Iloveyouyou'rethebestmomever' and I promise when I'm grown up I'll give
you gum. . . when you're a grandma. . . because grandmas love gum."now that's a hard bargain. it takes a strong woman to not give in to this girl!
As soon as the girls were dressed for church, I said, "Well, there's some pretty little girls." Eliza replied,
"Except me. I'm not pretty little any more. Now I'm pretty grown-up."
and pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
During the court of honor last night Eliza went missing. When I asked Brigham if he'd seen her he said,
"Yeah, she's in the primary room for grown-ups."
you mean the Relief Society room?
Right
when the postman came to the door, Lydia walked out of the bathroom
looking for someone to help her with her pants and underwear which she
was holding (not wearing). The boys exploded in laughter and the
postman nervously shuffled his boxes. The awkward moment was diffused
by Isaac who turned to the postman and thumbing back at Lydia said,
"Potty training. It's a nasty but funny business."
you can say that again.
On
the way home from the Lego Movie, Clayton was analyzing the logic of
the movie. I just heard bits and pieces, ". . . because logically it
doesn't make sense to have. . . it would need a. . . to function
reasonably. . . so logically. . ." Finally Isaac chimed in,
"Clayton. Just stop. You're ruining the movie for me with all your scientific blabitty-blah."
No comments:
Post a Comment