All the kids are in school today! At three different schools - Clayton started middle school (yikes!). Lydia is in preschool this year (yay!) She goes to the Montessori school just down the street. And Eliza is in Pre-K at the elementary school with Isaac and Brigham. As for me? I am home alone for the first time in 12 years. . . It's a big year for the Smiths!
I snapped some pictures of the kids this morning. Here's our drop-off routine. First we walk Isaac, Brigham, and Eliza to the elementary school.
It's only a couple blocks but apparently, it's too far for Lydia. She insisted on being carried.
I meant to take a close up of Eliza but Brig ended up in the shot. This might be an accurate representation of how these kids really feel about school.
Eliza has been sleeping with her backpack for weeks. She is ready!
She was all smiles. . . all morning. Not nervous at all.
Of course, my kids are never the nervous ones. They are the ones already up to trouble before the bell even rings.
Eliza and her BFF are in the same class this year. . . watch out world!
Next, Clayton heads over to the middle school (which is right next door to the elementary) Look at this kid all grown up. (He's almost as tall as me now). Ahhhhhh, I have a middle-schooler!!!!! I am falling to pieces, I feel so old. But Clayton is confident and ready. Out of the kindness of his heart, he humored me by letting me take a picture before he went in. He starts band today. And Pre-AP Science, English, Reading, and Math which gives him a pretty rigorous schedule. He memorized his locker combo by assigning each digit a musical pitch. And if you ask him? He'll even play his locker combo for you on the piano. Love this kid!
Last, Lydia to her school. Cute Lydia is thrilled to finally be in school like the big kids! She will only be gone for a few hours each week so, thankfully, I will still enjoy lots and lots of Lydia time this year!
Love this pretty girl.
So here's to a new school year! I miss all these guys already. I am one very lucky Mama!













1 comment:
Well....it looked like the first day went smoothly. It all sounds very complicated (and you didn't even throw in the piano lessons, gymnastics, scouts, PTA, speech lessons, etc. etc.)....but I guess these were just pictures of getting them all TO school. Getting them all home can be the subject of another entire blog post.
They surely are darling kids!
Good luck in school everyone!!
Love, Grandma
Post a Comment