Clayton turned 12 last week. He spent his birthday playing the piano for the Primary Program and then going to Young Men's for the first time, where they put him to work emptying wastebaskets after church. He was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood and will start passing the sacrament in a few weeks after General Conference and Stake Conference. 12 is a big number. And I am feeling old. . . and a twinge heartbroken at all this growing up. . . but proud at the same time. Clayton is an amazing person - thoughtful, kind, problem-solving, patient, always looking for the good and seeking the right, grounded in his principles, and always willing to lend a helping hand. . . or two. I have a lot to learn from this kid!
We celebrated his birthday with Lemon Cheesecake and a day riding insane roller coasters at Pleasure Pier in Galveston. He was in heaven. Here are some pictures - the weather was gorgeous and the park wasn't crowded at all. We walked on every ride.
I love this view with Lydia riding on Clayton's back (we are stroller-free!) and Eliza smiling (the only one who noticed me taking a picture) and the guy with the "You're killin me Smalls" shirt (best movie ever). I sure love all these people.
I love seeing the ocean and sky in the background of all these pictures.
Did I mention insane roller coasters? Can you spot Nate and the boys?
Brig is teaching Eliza how to drive the bumper cars. The kids did these over and over again.
Can you spot Nate and Brig?
This is the tallest swing ride in Texas. It's suspended more than 230 feet high. You can see Houston from up there.
The ferris wheel. Our family is one too many people to all ride in the same seat. Lame.
I love these two. When there are 30 chairs to choose from, they still choose to sit together in the same one.
bust'n the moves. . .
Lydia loved the teacups but they made me sick. Clayton was nice enough to go with her again and again.
Love this tall boy of mine!
wonder what he's thinking about. . .
Do you see Isaac on top in this double-decker carousel?
Pizza.
Fried Oreos.
Cotton Candy.
Back home, we had lemon cheesecake and opened presents.
Clayton got a funny, gross, crazy, NOT-MEAN, prank book. He has already put many of them to good (bad) use.
He also got a new bigger bike which was long overdue and some camping gear.
Happy birthday handsome boy! Love you, kiddo.























































No comments:
Post a Comment