We added another Smith to the piano recital program this year - Eliza! We keep shocking all the other families by showing up with more kids every time. They kind of thought I was overdoing it when I came with the three boys. And since Nate always stayed home with the girls during the recitals, most people had no idea we had even more kids back at home. This was our first entire Smith family appearance at a recital and not only did we make up half the program, we were also a show and spectacle of our own - just by being there.
Eliza was so cute. She was so excited to perform for everyone she could not be contained. When Ms. Asya announced her name, she bounced off her chair with a little "yay!"and then skipped-stepped all the way up to the piano. She played beautifully.
Eliza played a Russian Folk Song and she even remembered all her drop-fix-rolls.
Brigham played Prelude No. 8 by Bach and Wild Rider by Schumann.
Isaac played Cradle Song by Weber.
Clayton played Sonata in C Major by Mozart and Prelude No. 9 by Bach. My camera malfunctioned and I thought I was recording when I wasn't so I actually only got the last half of the Mozart. Clayton was nice enough to play them again at home for me - even though our piano will never even compare to the Steinway at the recital hall). Still, I love listening to Clayton play anywhere.
Congratulations on a job well done! So much work goes into this. My appreciation for music well played - and the time and practicing it takes - never stops growing.
Ms. Asya, though very intense, is incredibly patient and kind. She expects even her youngest students to play more than just the notes, but to play with musical expressions, phrasing, dynamics, and precise technique.





No comments:
Post a Comment