Saturday, January 10, 2015

Neighborhood Christmas Recital 2014

This is my favorite recital of the year.  And look how our numbers have grown! We held our 4th annual Neighborhood Christmas Recital at the McKay's home this year. Four years ago I think we only had 6 performers.  This year we had 16!
It was a fabulous night with good friends, good food, and fabulous music.
Eliza and Naomi played "Jingle Bells" on their violins.  Even though I forgot Lydia's stuffed violin (she cried all the way home) and the jingle bells for accompaniment, these two best friends did a great job. Eliza looks a little lost there in the middle, but there's no doubt she at least ends on the right note!  So cute.  I will cherish this video.
Eliza also played "Twinkle Twinkle (Bethlehem) Star" and "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" on the piano.  She has such poise! 
Brigham played "Prelude No. 8" by Bach and "Do You Hear What I Hear?"

Isaac played "Cradle Song" by Weber and "Joy to the World".

Clayton played "Song of the Lark" by Tchaikovsky (one of my favorite pieces to date), "Prelude No. 9" by Bach, and "Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem" in the style of Bach.  I love it!


And finally captured on film. . . Jessica, Whitni and I playing "Silent Night".  We always play in church so this is our first recorded performance together.  There isn't anything better than making music with friends.

I didn't get a picture of the little girls playing the violin but I did capture their mesmerized expressions watching Camilla play her violin.
Best part of all?  Dessert.  We had a perfect team of helpers behind the counter serving up refreshments.
Brigham, who was allergic to everything on the dessert table, entertained himself (and us all) with more stand-up performances on the piano.  He's like a piano magnet - he can't be kept away.
Congratulations to everyone for a night of wonderful performances!  This is the best way to end the year.

No comments: