Saturday, January 17, 2015

December Quote Book

Me: Lydia, you kinda smell funny.
Eliza: That's because she drank toilet water and some spilled on her feet.
Me: What?? You did?
Lydia: (singing) Yup, I did!
no shame. and this is coming from the girl who refused to eat a biscuit with honey-butter because it "looked yucky".


Me: Eliza! How was your day? What did you learn today at school?
Eliza: We learned F words!
if only everyone could be in pre-k where fish, frogs, flip-flops, and friends are the words of the day. the world would be a better place.


Eliza found a pet roly poly bug in the backyard which she cooed and coddled over:
"I want to be a bug-take-care-of-er when I grow up. But not mosquitoes. Mosquitoes don't like to be take cared of."
ambitions. . .


Eliza and Lydia were watching Charlie Brown's Christmas. When I asked them about it, Eliza said,
"It's crazy that those kids don't even have a mom!"
crazy.


One afternoon I noticed all the shepherds, wise men, and josephs missing from our nativity sets. When I asked the kids about the missing figures Lydia announced,
"All the boys are bad guys and they had to go to jail."
I found them all locked in her mermaid lunch box. feminist.


Conversation in the bath:
Eliza: Do you remember when we only had cold water and dad putted hot water in a pot and then putted it in the bath for us?
Lydia: Yesh, I weemember dat.
Eliza: We have a nice dad, don't we Lydia.
Lydia: Yesh, we hab a weeelly nice dad.
Eliza: Do you remember when dad take-ted us to the mermaid park?
Lydia: Yesh! I do weemenber dat! And we saw mermaids!
Eliza: We have a nice dad, don't we Lydia.
Lydia: Yesh, we do.
so cute. see? good deeds never go unnoticed.


Lydia's life is a constant song. She sings to unload all her thoughts. Here's the one Nate and I listened to in the car on our drive back from Florida:
"Do not hit and do not push cause dat is not nice to doooooooooo. You have to hug and kiss kiss kiss but do not hit or push. Pwinces and pwincesses and ballewinas dance and I want a phone like Cwayton!"


Eliza was interested in Clayton's phone:
"Clayton, can your phone even make calls?"
hard to believe, but there was a time when making calls was all phones could do.

No comments: