Tuesday, January 20, 2015

One Year Older and Wiser Too

 Another birthday made wonderful by my family and friends!  I am the luckiest girl. Enjoyed a surprise breakfast. (Nate and the kids had to get up super early to beat me to the kitchen!) Went to La Madeleine with some good friends who also delivered birthday flowers and gourmet cupcakes.  Talked to far away family and friends on the phone (my sisters, parents, grandma, and teacher friend from Chicago who shares my same birthday).  Splurged online with a giftcard from my mom. Made my favorite Cafe Rio pulled pork salad for dinner. Received lots of cards, gifts, hugs, and smiles.  I am so loved. 
 Flowers that bloomed from Jess.  My house smells heavenly.


 Lindor Truffle Cupcakes from Whitni.  Best. Ever.

 Handmade pop-up cards from my kids.

 From Eliza.
 From Brigham.
 From Lydia.
 From Isaac.

 From Clayton.
 This amazing pop-up creation opened into a box. . .
 With a lid that actually opened.  And inside was a paper and string locket with my picture.
 And a scripture.
 And last of all, Nate surprised me with Newsies tickets! I plan on speaking with a Brooklyn accent and singing "Seize the Day" nonstop until May. I seriously can't wait!


1 comment:

Mandy and Brian said...

Sounds like an amazing birthday! I love Brigham's comment that "you are the best mom I have ever had." And I wish I was going to see Newsies with you! Jealous!