Here's a sampling of our much needed hurricane vacation:
Just doin' what we do at the park.
Kickin' it at the zoo.
Mammoth Huntin'
Explorin' stuff at the Science Museum.

Runnin' around at the Arboretum.


But all vacations must come to an end - even forced vacations. So we're back in Houston and back in school with clean-up and work to do. Despite the endless graveyard of trees lining every street, the "Out of Gas" signs taped at gas stations, the rows of leaning street lights and power lines, the many intersections with broken traffic lights, the tattered ghetto-looking business signs, and the thousands of people that are still without electricity - the city is up and mostly running. And through it all, my violin survived. Whew!
. . .
Just looking at all those pictures (dang! my boys are adorable) makes me realize I have a lot to be thankful for.
-
Just looking at all those pictures (dang! my boys are adorable) makes me realize I have a lot to be thankful for.
-


3 comments:
Glad you're home safe. :)Deb
Just in case you were wondering:
What I thought would be a weekend in Dallas turned into 14 days which is WHY Clayton (who I didn't grab extra clothes for) is wearing the same outfit in every picture.
Oh man, I want a hurricane in Woodland. Vacations are the best! Okay, really I am glad that you are home. I hope Nate can get "home" with you soon so your family can start over in a wonderful, albeit trashed, city. I am so glad the violin survived, I have been wondering how it went.
Post a Comment