Friday, February 19, 2010

LOVEly Weekend

I'm trying to stay current. really, I am. But I have been way too preoccupied with triple axels and backside 720's. It's a good thing the Winter Olympics are only once every four years or I'd never get anything done.
Last weekend - "Valentimes" weekend - was lovely. Nate was gone. Er. . . that came out wrong. Nate went to Seattle for his dad's surprise birthday bash. He took Briggy. They went to this awesome indoor waterpark/lodge and had the time of their lives. His dad was very surprised and happy to see everyone
(minus us sniffle, sniffle - Happy Birthday anyway, Grandpa Bill!).


I stayed here with the other kids and participated in all the sugar-crafty-Valentine's day festivities. Nate and I don't have the best track record for celebrating on Valentine's Day anyway so I wasn't that heart-broken when I knew he'd be out of town - besides I was busy.

But my charming, handsome, and SNEAKY husband arranged surprise Valentine's deliveries for each day he was gone: chocolates, flowers, a new dress. . . Can I just melt?
The daily surprises were just as exciting for Clayton and Isaac. "Yay! Another present from Daddy! He must really love us!"
Yes. He. Does.

And we love him too. . .


Sunday was also the "Great to be Eight" event for all the Primary kids turning 8 this year. There are sixteen - a record for our ward. And one of them happens to be mine. So (and this is why I love my calling) we decided to go all out in making this the best Baptism Preview in the history of Baptism Previews - complete with gourmet cupcakes, CTR cookies, fancy punch, a musical number, a skit by the Boy Scouts of America, binders, bracelets, balloons. . . HAhhh. . . and so much more.




I thought of everything except. . . how left out Isaac would feel. You can see him in the corner there just before he melted into my lap sobbing, "I wanna be eight too!"


Well, Clayton's not eight yet. But he will be in 8 months. And he is SO looking forward to it.


And I am SO looking forward to many more Valentimes as lovely as this!
Life is truly at it's best -
(even if Isaac has to wait three more years to turn 8).

.

7 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

A great Valentine's Day without the hubby?! I am glad it worked out. I love the prearranged presents. He is so thoughtful.

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL baptism preview. Luke is turning 8 in April, but our ward has not (and probably won't) have a baptism preview. Let's just say that sometimes it is harder to be a counsler than the president. (Although I should'nt complain too loudly or else I will get a new calling!)

Mandy and Brian said...

That looks like you had a fun weekend even without Nate. Can I just say that the quotes on the side crack me up every time I read them? I love it.

melissaevans said...

Honestly Emily, you constantly amaze me with your creativity AND energy! I'm also impressed that Nate would arrange to have something sent for Valentines Day...Way to go Nate!!
I did manage to say "Happy Valentines Day" to Tim, and he did even better than that and gave me a butterfly magnifying glass.
Did you remind Isaac that he was the star of the show in the Star Wars birthday movie (which I loved)?

Emily said...

Mom! You're alive!

Yes, I am constantly reminding Isaac that he is USUALLY the star of the show and it's okay when someone else gets some attention. . .

Christina said...

Wow, you guys have a lot of kids in your ward. Here we are in the middle of Salt Lake and Samuel has two kids in his class and Eva has five. We have about 1 or 2 baptisms a year. I think you guys did a great job if you made Isaac excited to turn 8 one day.

Christina said...

Oh, and the Olympics are draining my motivation to get much of anything done.

Sheralie said...

That Primary preview looks unbelievable. I now think a Primary sunday is amazing if all the teachers show up. Hmm. Activities too? fancier than a wedding.

And your vday looks incredible too. I love how you two fit together so well. Even when apart.

Miss you!