Lydia came home from the hospital Sunday night. Just three days shy of 35 weeks. And not a moment too soon. She is still teeny-tiny (not even 6 pounds yet) but she's doing really well. She eats like a champ (no more feeding tube!) and is very happy to be home (no more shots and pokes!) Our family is so blessed to have her. And after some very long weeks at the hospital, it is so nice to finally be together. To be home. To breathe a welcome sigh of relief and say, "We're all-all here".
The three "super" boys stayed up eagerly waiting for their littlest sister. It took a while for all the paper work and final lab work to be completed at the hospital, so Lydia didn't make it home until after bedtime.
They adore her, as you can see.

And we couldn't have timed it more perfectly since my mom (the real "superhero" for the last few weeks) had to fly back to San Diego (where she was greatly missed) the very next morning. We hope the mission can spare you again sometime SOON!! Thank you for saving us!
I took some pictures of Lydia during the day when the lighting was much better. Isn't she tiny and beautiful and just perfect? I'm so in love. . .
Here she is next to Eliza's "baby". They could definitely share clothes.


We are all here:
Father, mother,
Sister, brother,
All who hold each other dear.
Each chair is filled, we are all at home.
Tonight, let no cold stranger come;
It must be often thus around
Our old familiar hearth we're found.
Bless, then, the meeting and the spot,
For once be every care forgot;
Let gentle peace assert her power,
And kind affection rule the hour.
We're all-all here.
- Charles Sprague
We're all-all here.
9 comments:
I am sooo happy you are both home and doing well. What a beautiful family. Keep up the great work!
She's gorgeous!!! I love the dark hair.
Congratulations, and we are glad you are both doing so well.
:)Deb
I'm so glad she's home too! Awesome family picture at the end. You look so amazing Emily. You certainly don't look like you just had a baby or that you haven't slept probably at all for weeks. I wish I could send any extra hours of sleep I get down your way. Hang in there! Congratulations on having everyone home, together. I miss you all and can't wait to meet that sweet darling gorgeous little miracle named Lydia.
I can't believe how cute and healthy she is at so early. Seriously, she was just anxious to be with your awesome family. And, um, why do you SO not look like you just had a baby. Ever?
So glad she is home and all is well, and Emily did you really just have a baby? You look fantastic!
she is beautiful! I am so glad you both are doing so well
Lydia is one of my favorite names...I fell is love with it years ago and hope one day I can have a little girl named Lydia too!!
I am so happy to hear that Lydia and you are home, and everyone is together again. I can only imagine how hard it would be to try and be with your baby in the hospital, and still try and be at home making sure that everyone is still taken care of. If anyone can do it though, it would be wonder-mom (that's you). Lydia is beautiful, just like mom and sister. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you guys! Just two and a half weeks until we get out little girl, and I'm afraid I'm not quite ready. Mentally or physically. Is it too late to back out now?
Congratulations, Em and Nate! What a wild ride! She IS beautiful! I wish you all the best (and tons of good luck!) as you settle in to your new, 7-person routine. I only wish I could stop by with dinner!
Post a Comment