Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer: Bring It On!

When we first moved to Texas - in the Summer, I loved the palm trees and the sunny skies. I loved the heat and humidity (but don't tell any of the locals. It's custom to loathe the humidity here). And I seriously felt like I was on vacation. All the time. That's because every memory in my life that ever involved palm trees, coconuts, sun, and humidity, I was in some foreign country, on vacation in some jungle, or on some exotic beach.
But now that I've lived here for. . . seven years?? Has it really been that long? I'm used to it now. So much so that when I visit my home turf out west, the dry heat and snowy winters feel foreign to me.
My kids love the warm weather too. Today I sent the boys out to water the grass. This is what they thought I meant:









We can't wait for Summer. (only two more weeks of school!) Now all I need is a creamy coconut smoothie and I'll be on vacation. Right at home.
.

5 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Seriously? We are still wearing pants and long sleeve shirts! Summer can't come fast enough for me. I'm totally jealous of those pictures, I'm sure my boys would be too!

Jessica McKay said...

We are on our way to join you! I finally made a countdown to our move to Houston: 76 days! Yes!

Emily said...

UGHHH!! I'm totally eating my words. Now that our AC broke today and the repairman says it will be days, maybe more than a week! before he can get the parts to fix it. My kids are crying in their beds right now it's so hot.

Allison said...

That doesn't sound fun to have no AC, but it SNOWED here in Sandy yesterday.

And that 3rd picture up from the bottom, of Isaac squirting himself in the face, cracks me up every time I look at it!

Emily said...

yeah. . . ???? he gets really into it.