Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 2011 Quote Book

Eliza was looking at a picture of herself.
Nate: Who is that?
Eliza: Dassa cute.
yes. it. is.


Clayton's class held a mock election. Everyone had to get up and give a "why you should vote for me speech"
"I wanted to say, 'Vote for me because I'm always nice to everyone and I'm honest. And because I know how to work really hard'. But then I thought that sounded too bragging so I said, 'Vote for me and I'll give you a free cupcake'."
spoken like true politician.



On the way home from school today:
Isaac: I decided that when I grow up I'm not going to have a job. I'm just going to be a regular dad.
Clay: Isaac, you have to have a job. How will you earn money for your family?
Isaac: I think my wife can do it and I'll be the one to be at home.
Clay: You have no idea how much work and messes you have to clean up at home. It's even more work, I promise you.
amen.
Isaac: I'll just tell my kids to do it.
Clay: And what if they don't? What if they just run around crazy and make even more messes?
Isaac: Well I don't think so. I don't think my kids will be like me.
actually. . . chances are. . .
you might want to start thinking about that job after all.


I could hear Brigham and Isaac having all sorts of fun in the bathroom when suddenly I heard a loud crash-thud-shatter followed by a split second of silence. Before I could even open my mouth, Brig called nonchalantly from the bathroom,
"That was just nobody, mom. Nobody did that. So don't look, okay? It was just nobody."


I took the boys to get their hair cut yesterday. The nice girl was chatting with Brigham while she cut:
Girl: So. . . what did you learn at school today?
Brig: I learn-ded that when bats poop you have to cover your nose like this. Because bat poop has chemicals that will make you sick.
the things you learn in preschool.


Clayton's thumbnail is finally growing back (after he smashed it at baseball practice two months ago) He was studying it and announced:

"According to my calculations, my fingernail is three-fifths of the way grown back."
definitely his father's son.



Clayton:
I'm not that excited about Mother's Day.
(referring to having to sing in church)
Isaac: I am. Because maybe we can have some Mother's Day treats. . . er, for you mom. I mean treats for you.


Eliza knows all our names:
Mom-ee
Dad-ee
Tay-tin
Zik
Gom-gom
Yia-zah
Baby
is there any wonder why we're always smiling when she's around?
.

3 comments:

MariLouise said...

Oh Isaac, don't worry. You can just go to law school, and then medical school, and then maybe go on for a PhD! You don't have to actually get a job, sweetie. :)

Emily said...

Ha ha ha. . . so glad you're coming back to Texas! (even if it's for another degree!)

Christina said...

Thank you for recording these. They are hilarious. The convo between Isaac and Clayton? Oh gosh, that is so funny. My kids have no idea how much I do. And the fact that Isaac is aware that he makes the messes and thinks his kids are going to be different just cracks me up.

Five kids! You have a house full of so many personalities. I love it.