When I first married Nate, I imagined us taking a trip to Europe for our 10th wedding anniversary. But that was before I realized how hard it is to get away with five little kids and that trips to Europe are expensive. So instead, we did something cheaper and more meaningful. Nate left work early and we (all seven of us) spent the afternoon at the temple. Afterward, we braved it by taking the whole family out to eat at "a fancy restaurant" (the Olive Garden) and splurged by ordering 7 desserts which we all shared.
Here are a few pictures I snapped - a reminder of the most important things in my life and marriage.


This little girl loves her daddy!
This is so typical of every fountain my kids ever encounter. . . Isaac and Brigham immediately dive in (no matter the weather) drenching each other from head to toe. . .
While Clayton is always more interested in the mechanics of the whole thing and analyzing the water patterns. He watched this fountain forever oblivious to the crazy fun his brothers were having just a foot away.

Beautiful Eliza.
Brigham turned up missing a few times only to be found "finding pets" in some obscure dirt pile.
And here they are looking at (drooling over) the dessert menu. Eating out with our crew is exhausting hilarious and I love it, but one of these days I'm determined to find a babysitter brave enough to stay at our house with all our kids so that Nate and I can go out all by ourselves - doesn't that sound nice?
This last picture actually turned out to be the perfect commemoration of our ten years together. It's the only shot we got of Nate and I together on our anniversary day. Isaac took it. I laughed so hard when I saw it and thought how symbolic it is of life right now: kind of blurry, slightly foggy, a little sideways,
. . . but centered.

in just the right place
and on all the right things.
.
Here are a few pictures I snapped - a reminder of the most important things in my life and marriage.


This little girl loves her daddy!
This is so typical of every fountain my kids ever encounter. . . Isaac and Brigham immediately dive in (no matter the weather) drenching each other from head to toe. . .
While Clayton is always more interested in the mechanics of the whole thing and analyzing the water patterns. He watched this fountain forever oblivious to the crazy fun his brothers were having just a foot away.
Beautiful Eliza.
Brigham turned up missing a few times only to be found "finding pets" in some obscure dirt pile.
And here they are looking at (drooling over) the dessert menu. Eating out with our crew is
This last picture actually turned out to be the perfect commemoration of our ten years together. It's the only shot we got of Nate and I together on our anniversary day. Isaac took it. I laughed so hard when I saw it and thought how symbolic it is of life right now: kind of blurry, slightly foggy, a little sideways,. . . but centered.

in just the right place
and on all the right things.
.

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I know what you mean about celebrating the big 1-0. I had always thought of somewhere tropical, warm, and beautiful. Instead I was 9 months pregnant with Elijah. Rick and I took our first vacation ALONE last year, just a couple years late for the 10 year anniversary.
I love the picture of you and Nate. More than the picture, I love how you beautifully put into words exactly what that picture means.
Pick a day in August and I'll be over! Better yet, drop them all off. We can't wait to babysit!
Post a Comment