(from June).
Hello internet!!! We're back from our 13-day, internet-free (not by choice) cross-country road trip, which I'll be posting about soon. . . when I'm done cleaning up all the barf and buckets of sand and smeared soggy goldfish crackers and sticky spilled drinks and smelly rotten fast-food crusted all over our car. Needless to say, we are still recovering from vacation. So in the meantime I am posting some random pictures from June! Enjoy.
Brigham Graduates From Preschool
Brigham graduated from preschool in June. Graduation ceremonies crack me up. Especially when I remember my own high school graduation ceremony which was a complete joke - literally. And because my dad thought they were so silly. I remember several of my friends getting some really nice graduation gifts from their parents. . . like a car! When I mentioned the gifts to my dad and hinted that he ought to give me something too, he looked at me like I was from a different planet and said, "What's the big deal? Of course you graduated from high school, Emmy."
I sort of feel the same way about preschool graduation. Although I have to admit, I still remember every detail of my own preschool graduation. I was seriously so proud to be all grown-up.
And besides, preschool kids are cute. Especially when they sing their "rockin' ABC's" Go Brigham! You'll be our 4th Kindergartener in a row next year!
Isaac's Kindergarten Graduation
Isaac graduated (officially this time around) from Kindergarten. He was a pro at the graduation parade and just as proud as he was last year when he graduated from Kindergarten! And Clayton cheered from the sidelines as usual.
Isaac's teacher gave him this graduation bear which he still adores.
They also had chocolate donuts which he devoured.
A Barnyard Moosical
Isaac starred in the kindergarten play, "A Barnyard Moosical" about farm animals gone haywire. He was hilarious.
Being one of the taller kids, he should have been on the back row. But that proved to be too much for him (and the rest of the world) so he got to stand front and center (where the teacher could keep a better handle on him). He loved being the star of the show. . .
which he was in more ways than one.
He also liked being loud and silly with his friends after each performance (which the other parents really did not appreciate).
Science Camp
Clayton and Isaac went to Science Camp at the natural science museum downtown. Nate dropped them off every morning on his way to work and the other kids and I picked them up in the afternoon. I think we explored every nook and cranny of the museum after visiting every day for two weeks! The older boys had a blast and I got lots of good ideas for future "science club" activities.
Isaac took a "Da Vinci Science" class. His favorite. They made submarines and flying machines. They kept Da Vinci journals and dressed in 15th century attire all week.
He also took a "Science Magic" class. He learned some cool magic tricks which he performed for us at home all week. But he got poked in the eye with a magic wand (while rough housing with another kid) on the last day and that pretty much ruined the whole thing for him.
Clayton took "Extreme Machines" where he built an awesome catapult and his own flashlight from scratch.
He also took a class called "Battlebots and Robo Lab" where he learned to program the Lego Mindstorm robots in a computer lab. During the second half of the day he designed and built his own remote control robot. At the end of the week he battled it out with the other robots in a series of contests, races, mazes, and head-to-head combat. May the best robot win!
His robot won two of the contests and he came home sporting two gold medals.
The rest of us had fun enjoying the museum every day for two weeks.



Brigham's Woodworking Class
Briggy took a fun woodworking class in June. He made a camera and a fish tank. He loved using all the saws and tools. And of course the safety goggles were his favorite part.
Scout Camp
Clayton went to scout camp for a week. He got really into it and was so proud to hold the flag and lead his groups cheer at closing ceremonies.

Water Fights
Once again these guys have no problem finding ways to stay cool. Water battles are the standard Saturday afternoon activity around here.

so are popsicles.
Staying Cool
Aren't my kids the coolest?
Eliza is really into "gasses". She wears them nonstop indoors and out and demands everyone else wear sun glasses too. Clayton is so nice to oblige and quickly became Eliza's coolest friend.
Helping crack eggs in the kitchen.
Taking care of Lydia.
Lydia smiles.
Building with blocks.
And that's about it for June. Sheesh! It seems like years have gone by since then. . .
Peace Out!
4 comments:
Seeing your boys saluting the flag reminded me to ask you if your kids pledge allegiance to the Texas flag down in Houston? Emma was telling me that she does that in her school in Austin (in addition to the American flag - at least until Texas secession from the Union). I'm interested to find out if this is just an Austin thing.
Uncle Russ
Emily, I'm so sad that your vacation in Oakley wasn't longer. I guess I have been spoiled by seeing you for the last few summers. Everytime you add a new post I am amazed with all of the things you can get done...with 5 kids. I am lucky if the dishes make it to the dishwasher and if we have clean clothes to wear. Eliza is getting SO big. I'm sure that she and Lydia have those big brothers wrapped around their fingers. Got to love it!
Emily,
I just thought I would comment on your blog based on your comments on Olivia's recent post. I check in on you every once in a while. I just usually don't comment because the ony time I sit down to look at blogs I am feeding Evie. Your boys are HILARIOUS and your writing is superb! My girls started playing the violin about 18 months ago and I SOOOOOOO hope they turn out to be as good as you were/are. I can still remember the Queen contest where in the middle of an amazing concerto your ripped off your skirt and broke into a hand clapping, hill stomping, crowd raising FIDDLE number. Your girls will be besties, (my girls are, usually). Your flowers are HUGE... I guess everything in Texas really is bigger!
Russ - Honor the Texas flag, I pledge allegiance to thee. . . yep, even I have it memorized!
Olivia - you haven't seen my house! I always joke that with every kid my standard of clean living has plummeted down several notches. Er, except that it's not a joke.
Billie Jo - I'm so excited your girls are playing the violin! girls and violins just seem to go together. I love checking in on your blog too - your girls are beautiful!
Post a Comment