Saturday, August 20, 2011

Liddybug

Despite my intention of having a productive, structured, and organized life, we have all pretty much run amok this summer. Well, the kids anyway. I have definitely not been running anywhere (unless you count into the ground). Just getting all five kids in and out of the car successfully (safely) and a load of laundry folded and one healthy meal on the table is pretty much a miracle these days. And just know, the fact that I'm blogging right now means a whole lot of (probably more important) things not getting done. Like washing the pizza sauce out of Eliza's hair. And re-folding the clothes she just pulled out of every drawer. And changing the hand towel in the bathroom that Brigham used as a stopper for his ships. And wiping up the puddles of water on the wood floor from him dragging the towel to the laundry basket. Before somebody slips. And in 15 minutes it will be time to feed Lydia. Again. Besides the basics, it's been pretty hard to eke out any extra time lately. Mostly because of two reasons: But aren't they two cute brown-eyed and blue-eyed little reasons?

I love these girls. Even if they totally zap my productivity and monopolize ALL. My. Time. Life with a one-year-old and a baby (I don't care how many other kids you have!) is quite the workout! Thankfully though, the boys are no worse for the wear. I think they've been enjoying the extra freedom (play time) and lucky for me they have all learned a little patience, independence, camaraderie, and how to be genuinely helpful. And the girls have definitely loved the excitement, noise, and drama of having everyone home for the summer.

But this post is about little Liddybug.

She is four months old now and finally big enough to wear the cute (0-3 months) ladybug clothes from aunt Becca. Thanks Becca!
She doesn't roll yet or sleep through the night or really do any 4-month-old baby things yet. I tried putting her in Eliza's room at night but that backfired. Two crying babies at night = seven tired (grumpy) people the next day. So I emptied out a big closet and moved Lydia's bed in there. "Just like Harry Potter."
She smiles at everything and makes the cutest little singing noises. She likes chewing on her fingers and holding blankets (and my hair!) which she also sucks on and chews.
And she owns lots of "ladybug" stuff. Mostly by accident.
Lydia is still everyone's favorite snuggle bug. (Don't you love Isaac's cute missing-tooth smile?) She loves her brothers and sister.
And they all love her. Clayton wrote this little song for her called "Lullaby for Lydia". She's one lucky baby!


And even though there's a lot of competition for being the baby around here (Why are Eliza's dolls always wearing your clothes and sitting in your seat and sleeping in your bed and snuggling in your blanket?)

You're still everyone's favorite.
I can't imagine life without you, sweet Liddybug!

.

2 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Lullaby for Lydia?? Precious! I love love her big smile when you asked her if she liked it. What a cutie!

becca said...

Yay! I was hoping she'd fit into those clothes before summer was over, even if she could probably wear them any time in Texas!

Love Clayton's lullaby. What wonderful big brothers your girls have!