I was mass-deleting pictures from my camera this morning and guess what? It turns out our summer wasn't a complete wash. So here's to remind the kids that Summer 2011 was really more than just the "points chart" and practicing.
We also went swimming. Once. The boys were in the pool every other day either with friends or at swimming lessons. I only braved swimming with all five kids once this summer. And once was enough. Maybe next year I'll have more guts.
We went shoeless at the park.
We climbed.
We raced.
We flew airplanes.
And ourselves.
We lived for popsicles and watermelon.
And shade.
We read tons of books (some upside down).
And played in the rain.
It only rained twice the entire summer.
But we made the most of it.
We wore goggles (the great equalizer).
All summer long.
We ate every kind of fruit imaginable.
And we stayed cool in all the best ways.
Goodbye summer.
Goodbye points chart, spray park, popsicles and goggles. We can't wait to see you again next year.
.
2 comments:
Looks like your summer was quite an adventure. Because let's face it, anything with five kids is an adventure!
Emily, I am actually laughihg OUT LOUD at Clayton and Issac's school, and their poor student!
Goggles in the rain. You guys are the best.
Post a Comment