Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Toys Christmas Joys

The kids have been enjoying their new Christmas presents and have been loving actually having time to play (despite being sick last week). We have also enjoyed some beautiful sunny weather. Here are some pictures and videos from the last few days:
Eliza is darling with her kitchen and dish set. She has been cooking and serving up cupcakes and "saniches" non-stop. The boys are great sports and love playing along. . . er, I love this footage of their tea party monster invasion.


Brigham was sick and spent several days after Christmas quarentined in his room. But that didn't stop him from building and coloring his cardboard rocket ship (best idea ever!).



Nate gave the boys this WWII version of the flight simulator training program. Here is Isaac demonstrating how to fly his favorite airplane - a Corsair. I was surprised to see how complicated it is. Isaac has a little notebook where he has been jotting down lists of functions and controls. He follows a list of steps two pages long just to take off from an aircraft carrier.




The best hours of our vacation days were spent outside though. Can you believe our shorts and t-shirt weather?


Isaac loved showing off his new remote control infrared battle tanks. I'm not into tanks AT ALL. But I have to admit this has been a pretty fun (and well-made) toy. The tanks are super easy to maneuver and they actually fire infrared cannons at each other - marking your hits - so that it becomes an actual game with a winner every time.

Clayton is getting pretty good on his new rollerblades.

And Brig learned to ride his bike without training wheels!Aw, I never get enough of those blue eyes. . .He also figured out how to pogo.Eliza loves her new helmet (she's ready to go biking with you Jess!)
She would wear it all the time, indoors and out, if I'd let her.
She and Lydia love playing with the other girls in our neighborhood.



Here are a few video clips of the kids outside.


We are having so much fun!
.
.

3 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Best Christmas EVER! It really is so much fun to have kids at Christmas as see the magic they bring. I love all the pictures and videos...yes I look at them ALL. I just can't get enough of the wonderful Smith family!

P.S. Aren't girl presents SO much for fun to get than boy presents?

Jenny said...

I LOVE all the cool things your kids got for Christmas! You guys are so good at finding the best stuff out there for your kids.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Somehow I missed a TON of your latest posts, dating all the way back to the family pictures. Oh well, I just got to spend a great 10 minutes seeing all the wonderful stuff the Smith's did in December. Aren't you tired?

P.S. Amazing croc, Clayton Dundee