It just wouldn't be Christmas without music. Every year I love pulling out my old Amy Grant and Tabernacle Choir Christmas CD's. I listen to them non-stop. And I can't think of anything I enjoy more than the sounds of Christmas. This year we had lots - with our usual line-up of Christmas programs, caroling, and concerts in addition to our constant singing (mostly "Sleigh Ride" at the top of our lungs) around the house and plunking out Christmas tunes on the piano. Here are a few musical moments captured on film:Our family performing "Jingle Bells" at the Ward Christmas Party:
This took a lot of arm twisting from the head party planner to get us to do this. In fact, I finally gave in so late in the game that we didn't even get listed on the program. But Isaac's comment afterward made our unpolished moment in the spotlight all worth it. "I loved doing that! I loved when all those people were clapping for me!" Thank goodness for fun-loving, easy-to-please audiences! The Ward Christmas Party never lets me down!
Eliza singing "Gloria" and "Jingle Bells" - her two favorites:
Eliza sings all day long. But it's rare to catch her singing something not made up. And she'll never sing on demand. So this little clip is a real treat.
Clayton (piano) and my (only) violin student, Daphne performing "Joy to the World" at the Ward Christmas Party:
You can barely see Clayton behind the piano. He's wearing a three-kings crown and that's about all you can see. These two did a good job staying together with very little (practically none) practicing.
Brig performing his famous "Dock the Halls":
I never get tired of this song . . . and neither does HE!
Clayton-robot playing "Carol of the Bells":
He sounds like a house elf to me. But then again, I can't imagine Dobby ever playing "Carol of the Bells" quite so well.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
Amy Grant? Yes! Favorite Christmas CDs ever. :) Good call.
Post a Comment