Yep, it's still Easter around here. Sorry. I'm finally clearing pictures off my camera and I am having so much fun re-living the last several months! Right now I'm in Easter mode. We moved on Easter weekend this year. It was hectic and we skipped most of our Easter traditions. But despite the chaos of moving, Easter was still lovely. We hosted two Easter Egg hunts - one with our neighbors on our previous street for old-time sake, and one with friends in our very own (new) backyard! We also decorated Easter Eggs - something I look forward to every year. And my mom cooked a delicious Easter dinner. Mmm. . . just like the good old days. 
Everyone remembered how much attention Isaac got last year when he scrawled our faces on each of the eggs (including eggs that weren't his) and so once again we all appeared as Easter eggs this year. At least this year it was a combined effort. Can you tell who is who?

Backyard Easter Egg Hunt

It is so fun to have a backyard! We loved having our very own Easter Egg hunt in our yard. (although you wouldn't be able tell judging by my crying kids in the group picture.)
Here is Eliza sporting her Easter shades. . .
and basket of eggs.
And my mom with Lydia in the kitchen.



Happy times. . . for all.
Street Easter Egg Hunt

We started this little tradition four years ago - when we moved here. There were five kids total at the first Easter Egg hunt (and three of them were mine). Look how we've grown! We love our neighbors.



Clayton and his friend hid a trick egg behind this bush (an egg with a string attached). Kevin is on the other side ready to yank while Clayton lures Isaac into the trick.
I wish I would have captured this on video! Isaac was hilarious - he played right into it. Here you see Clayton chuckling at the trick and Isaac ready to punch his lights out with an Easter Egg.
After all the eggs were found, opened, eaten, and scattered - the water squirters came out and the usual street battles began.
I love Easter Eggs. They remind me of all things good.









1 comment:
I don't mind seeing Easter in June. It just makes me happy to see your family at all! Everything from the dresses, to the egg hunts, to the eggs looks perfect. I can't wait to see more of that new house of yours. A backyard...with a tree? Can't wait!
Post a Comment