I love Father's Day. We had quite the festivities going on here with an hour-long WWII reenactment starting with the invasion of Poland, the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the battle Midway and the Doolittle Raid, the battle of Britain, and the German surrender - presented by Isaac, of course. Clayton spoke in Sacrament Meeting today and delivered a wonderful, clever, and heartfelt Father's Day talk. The Primary children sang. Nate and I both performed with the Ward Choir. Everyone gave Daddy gifts: a Lego submarine designed and built by Briggs, a toy (German) fighter plane from Isaac, a switch-blade pen from Clayton, and a colorful pink card from Eliza. Lemon cake is still to come.
I interviewed the kids for Father's Day. I purposefully did not give them any prompts or helps. I just let them answer. . . and I learned two things. 1) My kids know a lot about Nate - more than I thought. 2) Brigham can completely bluff any answer - without even cracking a smile.
Happy Father's Day! I think my kids must be the luckiest kids ever to have such an awesome dad. We all love you, "Honey Smith"!
And happy father's day to my own dad who just emailed me from Guatemala. You are loved all the way around the world and back again!
And happy father's day to my own dad who just emailed me from Guatemala. You are loved all the way around the world and back again!
4 comments:
Em,
I love your videos (and posts and You!). What an awesome way to celebrate Father's Day.
Love it. What an awesome Father's Day gift for Nate. I'm sure he loved it. I'm hoping I catch a glimpse of you and your darling family on the 4th! Actually I'm hoping I catch more than a glimpse...
Olivia - we'll actually be there in August this year. We'll be baptizing Isaac in Oakley. I'll call you. . .
Wow! That is a great video. Not only do we learn about Nate, but it showcases your kids as well. Your kids talk like they are little adults. Too cute.
Post a Comment