Thursday, May 23, 2013

"The Earth Laughs in Flowers"

Our yard is in bloom.  The girls are in heaven.
Eliza and Lydia are here to give you a quick picture tour of all the colors around our house. The mums I planted along our front walkway last year bloomed again in full force.

I wish I knew the names of all these flowers. But I don't.  One day I'll research them.  Today I'll just enjoy them.  These trumpet flowers are Clayton's favorites.  They close at night (tightly) and open again during the day.

This plant along our back fence is interesting with it's lavender clusters and bright orange berries - poisonous I'm sure. But still pretty.
   And look at all the Oleander next to our garage! (speaking of poisonous)
To Eliza's delight though, it's all pink!
To everyone else's delight, all the colors of the rainbow can be found in some corner or another. . .


Love this cute little yellow flower poking straight up - and the gray lizard posing in the background.


We have hundreds of these pretty white flowers - a whole bush in our front yard.
They smell SO good!

We have a bush full of these pink and orange flowers too.  It grows so fast we can't keep it pruned fast enough.  I find them constantly in our house too since they are Eliza's favorite flowers to pick.

"I must have flowers, always, and always."  
- Claude Monet

2 comments:

Allison said...

Gorgeous. My yard is blooming in weeds this year.

Jenny said...

Beautiful! I am so jealous! Each year I plant just a few annuals in pots. Your pictures make me think it is time to try some perennials that will bloom each year around my yard.