Saturday, June 20, 2009

For Nate

Happy Father's Day!


Besides playing light sabers with you (which still makes me grit my teeth. . . a little) the kids also love playing baseball, "mammoth hunter" and "sumo wrestling" (their other favorite daddy-games). They love helping you make pancakes - especially grinding the oat flour and cracking the eggs (and then drowning the pancakes in double-helpings of syrup, butter, and powdered sugar). They love snuggling up with you and a National Geographic magazine or exploring world maps spread out across the table and floor. They love battling you in chess or checkers (despite their meltdowns, tantrums, and crushed egos because you never let them win). And no morning would be complete without one of your specialty hugs (I think my favorites are "tickle-tiger hug", "elephant kiss", and of course the ones you make up on the spot at their request). It's no wonder, the children think their dad is the ultimate superhero.


Editor's Note: For those of you with boys who warned me about light sabers, you were right. Ours are also now put (hidden) away permanently and are only allowed out for this game with Daddy (which my little Jedi's love) And Honey? Despite how dorky. I mean cool you look playing star wars. . . for what it's worth, I think you really do have all the talent of a Jedi Master the way you train, teach, and hold your own with those three! Thanks for being such an awesome dad!

.

5 comments:

debs said...

GREAT VIDEO!!! LOVED THE MUSIC!:-)

Did y'all choreograph the moves, or was this a typical battle?

Great catch, Nate! The best part of the movie.

Emily said...

None of this was rehearsed or choreographed - as I'm sure you know with three boys! But thanks. My brave Jedi-kids are flattered anyway.

The Gunnerson Family said...

An epic battle that is often played out in my living room as well. I would say some pretty good moods on all sides. I agree about the light saber (and anything that can be a weapon) they have a time and place, but for the most part they must be hidden!

Christina said...

Karl bought Samuel a three foot long sword at Sea World. I left it under a bench. Honest to goodness accident. But, maybe it was a good move...

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

dude- the ending scene was AWESOME! Go Nate, lol